African American Weddings

Wow!

My RSVP date is this coming Tuesday, February 1st. We have gotten just over half of the responses back. I am praying that we come in under our numbers. FI and my dad still want to add people to "fill spots: and everybody and his/her mama keeps asking to add guests or is sending me messages asking "where is my invitation?"...I'm wanting to leave spots empty and save money. The guys still haven't gotten realistic about our busted budget.

My real reason for posting though is to ask this question...should we try to track down the missing responses or is it just their loss?
AAW June Siggy Challenge
My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Wow!

• edited December 2011
    if there are people you really want to be there, i would say send them a message.  if they don't respond, i would worry about it after that.  i called people, but i didn't have as many guests as you do.  

honestly i wouldn't worry about trying to fill those spots either.  if they didn't make the cut, don't add them now.  

good luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    I would call the people you mailed invites to . They might have sent them back but the post office demon might have eaten it..
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I would call or message them in some way.
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would call them one time, then let it go.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • chavanolachavanola member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Track them down, a lot of them might be planning on coming just haven't sent rsvps.  We had a similar number of people rsvp by the date, but another 30% who rsvpd afterwards.  Better safe than sorry, double check to see if they're planning on coming or not--ESP if you they are people you expected to come...odds are they're planning on coming, just haven't communicated it to you.
  • edited December 2011
    Call them.  Sometimes people need to know that it is okay if they can't make it.  A verbal RSVP is better than no response at all.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I would call them once & give them a deadline to get the rsvp card in. Let them know if it is not received by that date, you will assume they are not attending & they will not have a seat.

Filling seats...absolutely not! Save that money girl....lol.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • 7venAfricano7venAfricano member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp. Call them if you need to just to verify whether they will or WILL NOT be attending. Better safe than sorry. You don't want to assume that because they missed the deadline and then the day of the wedding you have all these extra added people showing up. As for adding people, NO!! Lol, this isn't a money making event where you need alot of people. If your "preferred" list of guests leave some seats vacant because they can't attend LEAVE IT THAT WAY!! Save that money and put it towards something you'd like to have after the wedding (like on the honeymoon, etc) JMO
  • EsquireJLEsquireJL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you have a minimum number of people in your contract you should fill the seats.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Call them. I promise you there are people thinking, "Oh... I didn't think I had to send it back. I figured you knew." On FI's side...I got this reply from THIRTY-EIGHT people!
  • edited December 2011

Thanks for your honest input. I don't WANT to call people, but I agree that it would be best.

We don't have a required minimum so I'm good on the business in...just gotta get the guys on the same page. They keep promising people that they will try to work them in. Ugh...super frustrating. At this point, I have become content with the guest list and just want to get things set so we can make our final payments and enjoy our wedding. I actually would prefer not to max out our venue who doesn't want to save money that you expected to spend?

Two more days before I make some calls...

@BlutifulScorpio - 38 people? Please tell me you're kidding!

AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards