Just Engaged and Proposals

So happy! Just engaged

I got engaged last Sunday, 11/21, the anniversary of our first date. We had plans to go to dinner at the little Italian place where we first met.

That night, he came to the door with flowers and a gift bag and asked that we exchange gifts before we leave for dinner. I had gotten him a watch and then I opened his gift. He had made a book of pictures from the past year, with very nice little notes and captions. It was the nicest thing anyone has ever given me and I told him so. After looking through the book, he asked if I was ready to go. I said yes, but I'd like to look at the book a little longer. He was walking towards the door and said, "Oh, you like the book? Well I have one more thing for you."  He turned around and pulled out a ring box. At that point it was a bit of a blur, but I do remember him getting down on one knee and asking me to marry him.  I of course said yes.

I didn't think it would happen that night because I knew he was going to talk to my parents and I didn't think he would have had a chance to, based on his schedule. Turns out he talked to them on Wednesday, and my parents didn't give anything away when I saw them for several hours during the day Sunday, even though they knew the proposal was coming that night. 

Anyway, just wanted to share. I'm so happy to have found such a great man. Good luck to all of you in your planning!   

Re: So happy! Just engaged

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards