Honeymoon Discussions

HM in October... where to go???

Our wedding is September 2010, looking to honeymoon in Oct.  I've been looking thru sooo many ideas and am clueless.  We want relaxing, with a little adenture and exploration.... so beachy with scuba/snorkel and hiking and such... prob is, FI wants to travel FAR... like to Japan, New Zealand, or Thailand (we live in CT)  I'm thinkin Greece or Hawaii.  Can anyone recommend a great (beach) spot that has a little of everything, won't kill our wallets and is still romantic/exotic. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 164 Invited so far! image 53 Are ready to party!
image 10 Will be missing out image 101 Are MIA

Re: HM in October... where to go???

• Oh but Japan is BEAUTIFUL in October. Kyoto is just dynamite and there are tons of festivals across the country that month that are so much fun to go to!

Of course, you can never go wrong with Hawai'i IMO.
  • We honeymooned this past October in Riviera Maya Mexico.  It was beautiful-beaches, weather, everything!  There are lots of excursions to do (ancient sites) and I've heard snorkeling in Cozumel is excellent!  Pricing is also a plus.  We stayed at Aventura Spa Palace (review in married bio) and the Palace resorts include a lot of excursions.
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • FI really wants to go to Asia.... Thailand, but I heard it's the rainy/monsoon season... So I am thinking Okinawa/Toyko/Kyoto.... Does anyone know the weather in those areas?  Is it expensive?  Places to stay?  I have absolutley no clue and don't even know where to begin researching. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 164 Invited so far! image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 10 Will be missing out image 101 Are MIA
  • How about Tahiti or Fiji? It's the South Pacific, so it's far and exotic, but still relaxing and fun.

NZ or Australia also have great beaches and relaxing stuff to do. My FI lived in NZ for a year. Highly recommended.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • jamlsull how was the weather in the Riviera Maya in October. My Fiance an I have been looking into a HM in that area in August, but are fearful because of the warnings about hurricane season. Did you guys have any problems?
  • Japan is BEAUTIFUL in October. There are tons of festivals going on (the one in Takayama is especially awesome).
  • I was in Aruba this past October and it was amazing!
  • I've been to Greece, and it's beautiful for sure...but not someplace to go in October. At least not the islands. Most of the islands close down late fall-winter - they're really spring/summer destinations. You can go to Greece in October, but you'll mostly be stuck on the mainland and for any islands you are able to make it to, it will be cold and definitely not beach weather.
  • We did Costa Rica (November 1st) and loved it.  Start of their "rainy" season, but we had great weather.

Other options we looked at (outside the hurricane belt) were Belize, Aruba, and Hawaii.  We have both been to Mexico a ton, and wanted something different.  When it came down to it, we picked CR b/c it had more of the adventures we were looking for, without spending a whole day traveling each way, and it was one of the less expensive options.
  • im getting married october 2, 2010 and everyone i talk with says europe is the way to go (FI and i have never been there) its supposed to be the best time of year weather wise for western europe. im still undecided though, we want to go but dont have enough time off of work to really enjoy a trip to europe.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards