Pennsylvania

please, check your self

Hi girls:)

I just want to ask you all to please, check your breasts for any suspicion lumps. I`m 31 years old, no history of breast cancer in my family, and I was just diagnosed with breast cancer. My wedding is August 6th, 2011 and I should be planning a wedding instead of facing this horrible news.
I discovered it very early, so the doctors are optimistic but it`s very scary.
I don`t wish this on anybody and would encourage you to get check if you feel ANYTHING suspensions.
Beata
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: please, check your self

• benmel31benmel31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry!  Thank you for the reminder.  I think it is something we should all keep in mind more.  Sending vibes your way as you deal with this.  I hope your wedding planning will give you something exciting to focus on during this tough time!  My thoughts are with you!
    Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you SO MUCH!!! It really means a lot:)

Beata
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sooo sorry you are going through this. I will be praying for you that everything will be ok!
  • edited December 2011
    Beata sending many prayers your way. Please know we will all hold you close in our thoughts and prayers in these coming months.
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • edited December 2011
    Beata you are in my thoughts and prayers.  Early detection is key!  Two years ago today I underwent surgery for cervical cancer that dramatically changed my life.  If you ever need to talk please don't hesitate to contact me!  :)
  • MadisonStreetMadisonStreet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beata,

I'm so sorry to hear about your diagnosis.  I'd also add to your advice of self-exams that if you feel like something is off - get it checked out!  My husband was diagnosed with Lymphoma last summer.  He had multiple symptoms that his doctor kept telling him were multiple problems.  He knew it was something bigger so he got a second opinion and without that he wouldn't be here today.  Doctors are human and they can sometimes miss the obvious.  Pay attention to your body.

Beata, you'll be in our prayers and we wish you a swift and full recovery.

-Leslie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards