Georgia-Atlanta

Its over!

Well wedding came and went and I have to say it went off without (too many) hitches!

I am kinda disappointed with a couple aspects of it though. Of course, we didn't get all of the pictures that I wanted (I don't think many people do) and my centerpieces were not what the florist and I had agreed on. If you were me, would you say something to the florist? I go back and forth about it because on one hand its over so its not like we can do anything about it now but on the other hand, I paid so much money for flowers that weren't what I thought and I think the florist should know for future reference.

What do you guys think?

Re: Its over!

• mrsbrantleymrsbrantley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If it were me I would say something, at the very least they need to know that their services were not what you felt were agreed on (and paid for). Be calm and thoughtful about it, tell them you were disappointed with a, b, and c because you were supposed to get x, y, and z. I think if the items at issue were explicitly part of a written agreement you may feel like asking for some money back, but of course that may not happen. If the items at issue were verbally agreed upon, or things you left up to their discretion or creative license then I wouldn't expect anything more than the opportunity to let them know you were dissatisfied.

I think their response will tell a lot. If they seem genuinely sorry or admit it was a misunderstanding on their part, at least you got it off your chest. Heck, they *may* even try to give you some recourse. But if they are just like whatever or rude about it, you should definitely let them know you will be telling to everyone you know (and the world online) NOT to use their services.
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • TheCranberryTheCranberry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with MrsBrantley.  How far off were the flowers?

And congrats on being married!
  • edited December 2011

Thanks! The centerpieces were supposed to be calla lillies, gerber daisies, lisanthus, queen anne's lace, stock and other "garden" flowers and they put green and white hydrangeas.

• TheCranberryTheCranberry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow, that's pretty off.  Definitely talk to them.  I like hydrangeas, but that doesn't seem like the look you were gong for at all.
  • mrsbrantleymrsbrantley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh boy!!! That's really crazy, sounds like you need ALL your money back. Does your contract or invoice state what is supposed to be in the centerpieces?
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_its-over?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:abe6a6e4-a8c7-427c-8b94-2fe429b6b2b6Post:f208844c-df7c-4d2b-a075-c59b1c92db46">Re: Its over!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh boy!!! That's really crazy, sounds like you need ALL your money back. Does your contract or invoice state what is supposed to be in the centerpieces?
    Posted by mrsbrantley[/QUOTE]

THIS.
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • edited December 2011
    also, you need to see how much you paid for the CP's and how much those flowers cost. because they def made you cheaper ones
    imageimage
    PS Sig Challenge: Rings
    Sept 2011 Sig Challenge: First Kiss
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Agreed- definitely say something! I had a few things go wrong on the day of our wedding and I am definitely letting the vendors know my disappointment, as well as letting the ones who were great know that I loved them! Reviews are very important to vendors so I would keep that in mind!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • retaviatoretaviato member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If something is unacceptable, then don't accept it. In most contracts or other written agreements of services there is a provision for settling matters of dissatisfaction on a timely basis.

If flowers are delivered and they are not the right ones, the florist needs to be notified at that time about the discrepancy. The onus is THEN on the florist to take corrective or remunerative action.

Once something has been accepted and used for the application for which it was intended, it's too late to expect corrective or remuneration, IMO. The matter should have been handled then and there, not in retrospect.
  • edited December 2011
    You can also leave a review on Kudzu.com (free) or AngiesList.com for potential future clients.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards