Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

HELP! Need to find location - weekend experience, beach location

hoping that someone can help with ideas. my fiance and i got engaged mid-December. we are thinking of a maximum of 80 guests. i really want to make it a whole weekend experience for our guests. where i am struggling is that we want either a beach/outdoor ceremony and reception. we have looked at several locations in Newport, but none of them were just perfect. we want to get married this summer (2011), so time is running out to book somewhere. i also would prefer not to spend the equivalent of a down payment on a house. we want casual elegant. looking for either Rhode Island, Cape Cod, the Carribbean or Mexico.

HELP!!
xo,
stressed out bride

Re: HELP! Need to find location - weekend experience, beach location

• Options
    CCBride2012CCBride2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are a ton of options on Cape for you!  Have you thought about Ocean Edge?  I just got engaged and we are looking there this weekend, but I do know that they do beach ceremonies and a girl I work with had a tent wedding there this past fall.   Hope that helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! Ocean Edge looks absolutely perfect. Let me know how your weekend visit goes. Sent them a request for an RFP.
  • Options
    jsimmjsimm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did a bit of a destination wedding (We're in PA) and it turned into a great weekend experience for us and our family.  The wedding was Saturday morning on the beach (on the Cape)- our guests arrived between Thursday and Friday.  We basically filled up Old Sea Pines Inn from Thur-Sunday; we were on our own for dinner on Thursday, and Friday had a "Welcome DInner" at OSP.  The ceremony was in the morning on Saturday, followed by an indoor reception at OSP again.  We ended the night at Sundae School for ice cream.  Then Sunday morning we had breakfast at the Inn.  If you need any more info, feel free to ask!  Good luck! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Casual Gourmet, they are a catering company that has ownership to private locations, one of which is on the beach... looking into it myself for our at home encore celebration after our dw

Believes, Hopes, Endures
    Love Never Fails...
    May 26, 2012
    Grand Cayman Island
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ps.  ocean edge, chatham bars inn, popponesset inn, are all going to be the equivilent of a down payment on a house :)

Believes, Hopes, Endures
    Love Never Fails...
    May 26, 2012
    Grand Cayman Island
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVED Ocean Edge, have you gone and looked at it yet?  Their location is great and contraray to previous post their prices were surprising flexible as well as their packages.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ocean Edge was beautiful, but I was told their minimum, even on a Friday in the off-season, was 25k...
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My guest count is still up in the air, trying to cut people off the list but it is so much harder than i thought!  So when I looked at OE I got minimums for three of their venues and one of them has a minimum of $7,500 for a friday in season - so I guess it depends on which space you book with them?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Surf & Sand Motel - they own Skippy's Pier 1 and are extremely reasonably priced - the hotel is right on the beach and you could block the rooms for the weekend.  We had our wedding there last June.  They only do weddings in the shoulder season (May, June, September, October) but the location can't be beat!

www.surfandsandmotel.com

you can email Sandy at snsmotel@aol.com - they are closed in the off season so she may not respond right away, but if you want to check out pictures

http://www.shutterfly.com/lightbox/viewSlideshow.sfly?fid=dd062fe0e78fe7e46276141d224b0f78
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    " I got minimums for three of their venues and one of them has a minimum of $7,500 for a friday in season - so I guess it depends on which space you book with them?"

True, it must depend on the space. Our guest count is too high to use some of their spaces, all of which are lovely. I am sure they will do a fantastic job for your wedding! the ocean terrace was breathtaking, wasn't it?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @CCBride2012 - Ocean Edge seems great. we haven't had a chance to go up there yet, but are planning to over President's Day weekend. Kimberly at Ocean Edge has been so beyond accommodating with my endlesss list of questions. Her responsiveness and great attitude has really set them apart from the other venues that we have looked at. As we want a smaller wedding, we are able to use some of the smaller venues. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like any Saturdays are available in the summer, but there are Sundays and as all of our guests are from our of town, that hopefully won't make a difference. Fingers crossed it all works out!!
  • Options
    Soccergal13Soccergal13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @milkslauren

I am getting married at OE in June and Kimberly is our coordinator. She is wonderful and had put us at such ease. We had our food tasting last week and it was fantastic. I feel in love with OE as soon as I drove up the winding driveway!
    If you can book your reception here, I would highly recommend it!
    Would you ever think about a Friday night wedding? I think there might be some dates available...

GL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards