Pennsylvania
Options

Lehigh Valley Church

Good afternoon!  My fiance and I will be getting married in October 2010.  While we do maintain religious beliefs, we don't attend a regular church but would love to get married in a church.  Can anyone recommend a gorgeous church (hey, we're going to want fabulous pictures) that would allow us to get married there, while not being members?  We will be using my childhood pastor (his church is in New York- we're not traveling that far).  Any suggestions?  We live in Bethlehem, and our reception will be at the Bethlehem masonic Temple.

Re: Lehigh Valley Church

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would really recommend the 2 sanctuaries at Central Moravian.  Firstly, you don't need to be a member (although, they are awesome) and both are gorgeous.  I have been to ceremonies at both the main church and at old chapel (Smaller) and both were awesome.  They're on Main Street.  And you can bring your own pastor as well.
  • Options
    l1ltaral1ll1ltaral1l member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I def. agree with the Moravian churches.  They are truly a gorgeous setting for a church!  Also, not sure about the member thing...but Saint Simon and Jude church on Broad Street in Bethlehem is absolutley breathtaking.  There are huge stained glass windows and high ceilings.  Very neat church.  It is Roman Catholic...so not sure how that would work.  But give it a try!
  • Options
    amanda3784amanda3784 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info, ladies!  I will look into them!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I *believe* you have to be Catholic to get married in a catholic church.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards