Honeymoon Discussions

Air Tahiti

I've never flown internationally, so I don't know if this is the norm or not.  I've gotten 2 calls from Air Tahiti Nui since booking my flights (in November).  Our flight from Papeete to Bora Bora was bumped up an hour and our flight from Bora Bora back to Papeete was also bumped up an hour.  I chose our initial flight times based on check in times and convenience for us. An hour isn't a huge deal, I was just wondering if this is common.  Our flights are in late July/early August.
Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview

Re: Air Tahiti

• Air Tahiti Nui's flight times do change at times, especially as they add flights to a busy season. They only have so many planes, which is less than 10, so as other flights are added/deleted from different destinations, they move things around. Just so you are aware, Air Tahiti Nui does tend to depart a little late from LAX, but usually on time arriving into LAX. They also tend to strike a lot- so be prepared that a strike may happen and your trip may end up being affected. Not trying to scare you, but it's happened to alot of people I know!

• I think a lot of small national airlines do a lot of schedule changing, especially for the inter-island hopper flights.
  • Our maui flights from Seattle are changing like crazy at the moment.  Its killing our planning...but in general, yes, flights times can change periodically.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes that is normal. We booked our Air Tahiti Nui flight around 11 months in advance and I think I got 2-3 calls about the flight change time. Just make sure that the new time works with your connection.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards