New Jersey

spray tanning?

What do you girls wear when you go? Going for the 1st time tomorrow.

Re: spray tanning?

• edited December 2011
    I believe they provide a tiny paper outfit.
  • uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wear dark, loose everything.  Even the stuff you won't be wearing in there (they may provide a paper outfit -- I've gone in the buff when I've had it done).  The tanner may rub off on your clothes on the way home.
  • Kris10_NJKris10_NJ member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto on the dark clothes for driving home.  Also helps if they are on the loose side.  Don't forget to slather moisturizer on your knees & elbows!
  • tbrose16tbrose16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone have any recommendations of places in northern nj for spray tanning? I was thinking about doing it.
  • Pink7781Pink7781 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting mine done by my MUA (Jill Scarpa) at her salon in Little Falls, called Skin Bar and Paint.

Kris, do you mean slather on moisturizer in the days leading up to it? Jill told me not to wear any sort of moisturizer the day I go tanning.
  • kristen8040kristen8040 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went airbrush tanning yesterday for my engagement pictures which were today.  I think it turned out pretty well, not orange at all!! I went to Beach Bum in Cinniminson where they had buy one get one free.  Hope that helps Smile
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_spray-tanning-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:c0f8fa66-a67f-4a21-9206-07867f8ac8eaPost:0ce3fa69-6a59-4d7c-be78-25d670d67711">Re: spray tanning?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm getting mine done by my MUA (Jill Scarpa) at her salon in Little Falls, called Skin Bar and Paint. Kris, do you mean slather on moisturizer in the days leading up to it? Jill told me not to wear any sort of moisturizer the day I go tanning.
    Posted by Pink7781[/QUOTE]

<div>Moisturizer can interfere with the spray tan.  That's actually the point of slathering it on elbows and knees -- those are areas where spray tan tends to accumulate (and will look unnatural) and moisturizer can prevent that.</div><div>
    </div><div>You should also exfoliate with an oil free (oil interferes with spray tan) exfoliator the day before or day of.  Smooth skin = smooth tan.</div><div>
    </div><div>And moisturize a lot in the days afterwards -- that makes the tan last longer.</div>
  • edited December 2011
    So I don't want to moisturize till after right?
    I am trying out Glow in Morristown
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't moisturize on the day of, except maybe elbows and knees (if you want to prevent excess tanner there).  And don't moisturize afterwards until they tell you to (they will likely tell you to wait a certain number of hours to bathe/moisturize/etc.).  But then in the days that follow, moisturize a lot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards