Wedding Reception Forum

reception help:/

So, my fiance and i planned our dream wedding all out a couple months back... i left home for work. Being that my leave is unsure at the moment... we are at the point where we are not positive i can make it for our previously set date.... we have to cancel our venue and maybe come up with a cheaper wedding... im trying to have a still elegant feel to our reception without it costing an arm and a leg... any ideas on what we could do as far as not having a full on dinner or big meal... but still having a nice reception that we wouldn't settle for? our previous reception included a bunch of Disney stuff and my wedding dress is else's dress from beauty and the beast... and i don't want to waste the money my mom spent on my dress and only wear it for an hour for the ceremony... any ideas would be wonderful. :

Re: reception help:/

• Have you looked on oriental trading? They have a lot of wedding stuff for pretty much whole sale price. The chickwedding (I think that is the website) has a lot of DIY. Hope that helps
  • Don't have your wedding at a meal time and you won't have to serve a meal.  You can have a late evening reception with dessert (ceremony starting around 8, reception following), or a late afternoon wedding with cake and punch or appetizers (ceremony around 2, reception until 5 or 6).  Not having a full bar is another way to save money, but don't have a cash bar instead.  Either have a dry wedding or limit what you serve, for example to wine and beer and nonalcoholic drinks.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards