Kansas
Options

Cakes in Lawrence?

I am getting married in Lawrence and would like to find a baker in the area so I don't have to pay someone to deliver from KC, does anyone know any good/ not too expensive bakers in the Lawerence area?
Thanks!!!

Re: Cakes in Lawrence?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We got our wedding cake at Hy-Vee on 6th street.  It was gorgeous and very affordable (plus it tasted good too).

My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i"ve actually heard that hyvee does a good job - was going to look into them myself
    img_9694 Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're having a longtime family friend do it.  She lives in Topeka but is delivering to Baldwin City.  She's great!  If you want her email, you can send me a PM.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto for Hyvee, i've been to several wedding where they'd used Hyvee. I've also heard if you do other things from there, such as flowers and/or food, the price goes down.
    For our Lawrence wedding we are doing cupcakes from a friend in KC, so hoping those will travel well!
  • Options
    pugznploonspugznploons member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Helen's Cakes is excellent, both taste and design are great

I also tried HyVee's and it wasn't bad, but their design skills probably aren't as good as Helen's if you want something more complicated.  
    Gretchen Evie, born 7/8/2012 at 35w5d
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I second Helen's! Helen Benefiel makes beautiful and delicious cakes!

• Options
    sleepy20520sleepy20520 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ive had Hyvees cakes a TON of times, as I bartend for weddings alot and they are definitely good tasting but nohing too spectacular. and their designs are very basic.  basically you get what you pay for...
    We used BellaRoca cakes www.bellarocacakes.com which is in Lawrence and offers free delivery in Lawrence!  their cakes are soo good and they are super helpful all along the way.
    I have a few friends who have used them for grooms cakes & bday cakes...
    we used them for our wedding cake (obviously :P )...
    check them out! :)
    hope this helps
    oh, and their prices were good too :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards