Colorado-Denver
Options

48 dollars a person for food and service?

I have a quote from a caterer for simple Mexican Food for 20 dollars a plate per person. However, with service, bar tending, and lienens it adds up to 48 dollars per person, plus 20% service charge.  Is this reasonable? Seems a bit high to me.  

Re: 48 dollars a person for food and service?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    (Does not include alcohol).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i really think it's okay, it depends on how much your initial budget for food was

how much do you really want to put towards food/alcohol and tips?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WOW, kind of high?

Im going with Above elegance catering and she charges a flat fee for a bartender and so we are looking at about 34.00 per person, buffet, leinens and staffing.

We are providing the booze she just has the bartender. She included my cake cutting and champane service for free

http://cgblume.com/Trusted_Vendors.html

Good luck~!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks I will check with your caterer, 34 is much more realistic!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our caterer (Footers Catering) is charging us right around $40 a head, BUT we are having bison and trout as our main entrees. That price also includes all the service, bartender, setup and breakdown by them, cake cutting, etc. The food itself is $21 per person.

You might check with them. I bet they would give you a lower quote than that for Mexican food. If you call/email them, ask for Colbert (Cole-Bear). She's seriously awesome!

http://footerscatering.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Holy cow!!!  We had our wedding at Lake Shore Lodge - $24 to $26 per person with a PLATED meal.  Our champagne was $4 per person.  18% Service charge up there and 7.? tax.  $48 seems way high, I would find others to get quotes from.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards