Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Please help

Our wedding is october 2012 and we are having a horrible time finds a place big enough for holding a ceremony and reception. We will have 200+ guests. The groom wants it at a church but noting seems big enough. I personally dont care as long as its pretty and big enough. We are looking for anything in the KC area or surrounding area just nothing too far out of the way, and it needs to allow alcohol. We are also on a small budget so aanything will help. Thank you

Re: Please help

• Options
    eneh2012eneh2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at the Loretto? They have a chapel for the ceremony and I believe they can accomodate 200 people. They also allow you to bring your own alcohol in and pick from several caterers. 
  • Options
    kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about Hawthorne House or Longview Mansion?  Berg Event Space might work also, but I'm not sure of it's max capacity.  Otherwise, hotels or country clubs might be a good idea for that large a group!
  • Options
    jenajjthrjenajjthr member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

There are lots of churches that can seat 200 for the ceremony, but I don't think their fellowship halls would hold that many comfortably.  Add in that most churches typically don't allow alcohol either.  You will probably two different places.  For cheaper reception areas look into community centers and older recpetion halls.  There is a recpetion hall in North Kansas City called Finnigan's that is pretty reasonable. 

• Options
    lostmykeyslostmykeys member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YOu might check into Chapel Ridge Banquet Center in Lees Summit.  We are having our reception there.  They can accomodate around 250 and can do ceremony and reception.
  • Options
    sassygal29sassygal29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked at the Hawthorne House for May.  They have a Chapel onsite and it holds aournd 250.  Very pretty!!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    rebeccam92rebeccam92 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards