October 2013 Weddings

Postage things I learned last night

I went to the post office to buy more stamps since I ran out for our Save the Dates. One of my STDs came back for more postage, it was supposed to go to Canada. With the rate change normal postage to Canada is now $1.10, when I sent out Xmas cards, it was the same price as the US. Not anymore.

Depending on the shape of your invites, depends on the cost. If it is square and not rectangular, they cost more $.66 or more depending on weight.

If you have bows, attachments, or whatnot that are pumpy/stick up, postage is higher. This is all because they cannot fit them through the feeder and have to be done by hand. I was going to have flower cut outs with little gems in the middle to keep our pockets closed, now I am going to by monogram stickers instead so I don't have to pay even more to send out my invites.

The lady was very informative and now I know what to do or not do with regards to my invites.

Re: Postage things I learned last night

• Yeah, we're doing postcard Save the Dates and flat invites in a standard size because I'm cheap like that :x.

• Make sure you don't put your postcard STDs in an envelope, that is regular postage. I didn't know that until I addressed everything up in the envelopes. Fail..

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_postage-things-i-learned-last-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:b0e67244-560d-4a1f-bec0-cad40f08c0a3Post:dce718c5-f386-4753-af1d-2f9ef155840e">Re: Postage things I learned last night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Make sure you don't put your postcard STDs in an envelope, that is regular postage. I didn't know that until I addressed everything up in the envelopes. Fail..
    Posted by Stina51286[/QUOTE]

haha, nah, we're gonna do straight postcard, ugly Hawaiian shirt stamp and everything.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_postage-things-i-learned-last-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:b0e67244-560d-4a1f-bec0-cad40f08c0a3Post:d308f2a8-76b4-4407-8013-23d129a63bd6">Re: Postage things I learned last night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Postage things I learned last night : haha, nah, we're gonna do straight postcard, ugly Hawaiian shirt stamp and everything.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

<div>I used those stamps too!!! I laughed at them.</div>
  • Good information to know, Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ya I knew about the square invitations.  I love the look of them but can not justify the extra cost.  There are so many other invitations that are just as nice and don't cost more.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards