Texas-Houston

What did/will change?

What is going to change for you? The day after the wedding, after the planning, ceremony, reception, wedding night are all done, what will be different?

Re: What did/will change?

• edited December 2011
    Besides my bank account being a lot smaller? Seriously, I do think about that. Of course I want a magic moment where all of a sudden I feel different but what If I really don't? I'll be happy to be married of course but what next? I'd like to hear from newly marrieds on this one.
  • edited December 2011

The only thing I can think of in the immediate future is the parental pressure will turn from wedding to children :-)

• edited December 2011
    Hopefully not much... The biggest change for us will probably be financially. We live together now, but we do all of our own separate banking. I assume when we get married, we will move to joint accounts.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    FI got a new job so I am moving to Dallas with him.
  • edited December 2011
    a lot changed. we were living together, whereas before we weren't even living in the same city. I answer to a new name now, which is confusing the hell out of people that I had accounts with before my name change. I was in school, now I'm not. my main occupation now is looking for a job, as opposed to studying and providing free labor in the hospital (as a student nurse), so I'm home all day. my husband and I joined a newlyweds study group at church, whereas before we just attended on Sundays.

I don't feel "married" yet, it really just feels like we're playing house, if that makes sense. I'm sure it will come gradually, as opposed to a sudden "ah-ha! I'm married!" moment.

it will be different depending on each couple's situation. in our case, we had a lot of change. others may not have so much change.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My financial aid situation with school is what will change the most. Crossing my fingers for some tax benefits, lol.

I am most excited to move away from Houston once we finish our Masters.

We have lived together pretty much our entire relationship, so we already have a house together and such. We don't and won't have joint bank accounts, but this doesn't make much of a difference because we already split and pay bills together.
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• sweet__peasweet__pea member
    edited December 2011
    Finance is always the number one.  Even though I love and always got along with my in-laws, once we got married, if felt like I was "really" a part of the family and not just "the girlfriend" or "fiance".  Does that make sense?

• edited December 2011
    I felt the same way with my in-laws; its not like they were unwelcoming before, but now its like I'm one of the family for good. 
    I feel a little bereft of purpose; I mean, I spent the past year and a half planning this wedding, and now I need a new thing to focus my overabundant energy on.
    My favorite difference is that I now feel like one area of my life has finally settled. I feel like I've been in transition since I left for college, and now the most important part of my life is completely decided. I'll be with this man for the rest of my life, and it feels great!
  • edited December 2011

I have not had the wedding yet, but I am married, and I remember one night after we got married he was sleep and I looked down at him and realized, I never have to leave and go home because I am home now and this is it.  He is mine and I can look at him anytime I want to.  There will be a moment eventually that you realize that you are his FOREVER.  Its a great feeling.  Like while you are dating you hope he will always be yours...when you are engaged, you are pretty sure he is yours forever, but once you tie the knot suddenly this knew feeling of knowing he is yours comes over you.  Its strange but good.

Photobucket
  • aggiebugaggiebug member
    edited December 2011
    haha soooo much is going to change!  I am very much looking forward to it but I also know its going to be very stressful

I will be moving cities, living together, not in school/ finding a job, changing my name (and adding Dr to the front), joining finances, insurance, phones.  

I have started thinking about all the changes and how much stress that is going to be plus all the sharing space stress that comes with newly living together soo it will be interesting for sure!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_didwill-change?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:121Discussion:06aae149-0294-4051-9855-9d3d7a77ac0cPost:03b6f97f-74a8-4a47-bc82-3c472c4b263e">Re: What did/will change?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have not had the wedding yet, but I am married Posted by aricherry[/QUOTE]

when you got married, that was your wedding.

• edited December 2011
    We'll have so much time and energy to spare!  And I'm definitely looking forward to the end of the occasional panic attacks too!  Once we fully "recover" we'll be looking for a house to buy.  Excited about that!
  • edited December 2011
    it's been 2 months and i still sometimes look at him and think, "i can't believe he's my husband!" and i realize again that i'm the luckiest girl in the world . . . .
  • ClassicTClassicT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I respectfully beg to differ. A wedding and a marriage are two entirely different things.

I think some women forget this and that's why they're unhappy when the wedding/honeymoon is over. Not saying that you do.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_didwill-change?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:121Discussion:06aae149-0294-4051-9855-9d3d7a77ac0cPost:6ca70811-8f4e-42cd-9328-78931cf51ccc">Re: What did/will change?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I respectfully beg to differ. A wedding and a marriage are two entirely different things. I think some women forget this and that's why they're unhappy when the wedding/honeymoon is over. Not saying that you do.
    Posted by ClassicT[/QUOTE]
    I think what the original poster meant was that she is married in that she went to a courthouse and that she hasn't done the 'white dress' ceremony yet... that's how a lot of people do this nowadays. I don't usually see folks signing a marriage register after a ceremony.
  • edited December 2011
    our lives will change SO much! we live about 30 minutes away from each other which doesn't seem too far, but with our schedules it means seeing each other only 2-3 days a week. we will both stay busy, but at least we'll get to wake up with each other.

the financial change will be major. we do everything totally separately now and when we get married (or as soon as we move in together if that happens a month or two before the wedding) we will totally merge our accounts/bills/etc. 

he will be done with his degree two weeks before our wedding so we may even move cites for work.

I can't wait!

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_didwill-change?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:121Discussion:06aae149-0294-4051-9855-9d3d7a77ac0cPost:f4f04b7c-86ba-4885-94d0-43baae804c87">Re: What did/will change?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What did/will change? : I think what the original poster meant was that she is married in that she went to a courthouse and that she hasn't done the 'white dress' ceremony yet... that's how a lot of people do this nowadays.<strong> I don't usually see folks signing a marriage register after a ceremony.</strong>
    Posted by bRooklynRocks[/QUOTE]

because it's not always required post-ceremony depending on which county you're in. Brazos County only required the officiant's signature, so my H and I didn't have to sign it post-ceremony (we signed at the courthouse while applying for the license, but we weren't married yet). my sister got married in Liberty County, and they required the B&G's signatures post-ceremony, as well as 2 witnesses (I signed as MOH).

my point is: if you went to the JOP to get married, that was your wedding. a pretty princess day afterwards is a vow renewal, and should be advertised as such. otherwise it's lying.

• edited December 2011
    I do not plan on "advertising" but I have been married  5 years so I am sure that the people that I invite will understand that I am having a Wedding, but thanks for you concern.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011

I am excited for a change.. but I am not sure what it will be just  yet!

I am in the middle of reading " what no one tells the bride" and I love it! it really answers questions and brings up issues you wouldn't think about or even talk about.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ClassicTClassicT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_didwill-change?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:121Discussion:06aae149-0294-4051-9855-9d3d7a77ac0cPost:f4f04b7c-86ba-4885-94d0-43baae804c87">Re: What did/will change?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What did/will change? : I think what the original poster meant was that she is married in that she went to a courthouse and that she hasn't done the 'white dress' ceremony yet... that's how a lot of people do this nowadays. I don't usually see folks signing a marriage register after a ceremony.
    Posted by bRooklynRocks[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. I was responding to the poster who said "when you got married, that was your wedding". I forgot to quote them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards