Rhode Island

Inexpensive places to have a wedding- RI

Hello
I am starting to plan my wedding and am looking for recommendations on inexpensive places in RI. We are planning a small wedding and will most likely be having the service at the venue as well.

Re: Inexpensive places to have a wedding- RI

• Hello~ Congrats! How many people are you planning on having at the wedding? Also do you have any preferences as to location like in the capital or close to the waters?
  • 50 people or less. Definitely not Providence
  • Ive heard Dewolfe Bristol Harbour Inn/Tavern is good. I loved Kinney Bungalow in Narragansett (although you have to rent somethings there). With less people you may be able to look into restaurants - depends in your idea of inexpensive. Crystal Lake in Burriville also has a room you can split overlooking a lake. My shower was there. Good Luck.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • One thing to think about that I didn't is WHEN you're having your wedding. Some venues might have ceremony space available, but only in the spring/summer. I'm getting married in March, and when I asked some venues if they had a ceremony space they were like oh yeah, and when i reminded them that it'd be a bit chilly in March to do it outside, they were like, oh yeah, not really.
  • When you are having your wedding is very important regarding the price.  I am having a small wedding (30 people) at a very popular place in Newport and it is going to be below my buddget!!!  My wedding is in April.  Good Luck. 

• Hi there.
    I had a coworker get married at the Eleven Forty Nine in Warwick. I did not attend but saw pictures and it looked really nice. I know she had a wedding of about 50 also and a tight budget. Might be an option.

I also had (what I thought) was a tight budget and I've chosen to do it at Bittersweet Farm in Westport MA. I was able to get them down to do a minium spend on food and drinks to $4500, after tax and tip we're spending $5600. If you get married during the winter months they also throw in a lot of perks (free cheese and crackers, hotel room for bride and groom, free champagne toast, etc etc). BUT if you need to spend that on just 50 ppl it might be a bit too much (imo).

Good luck!
    Jaki 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • A friend of mine had her reception at Chelo's near the airport in Warwick.  They also have a location on the water in East Greenwich that she had wanted to use but couldn't because the upstairs is where they do weddings and it wasn't handicapped accessible (which she needed for some guests).  It was several years ago (maybe 6?) but I remember the prices were SO much lower than anywhere else she looked and you can have your ceremony there, too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards