June 2013 Weddings

Intro

Hello!
I've been lurking on TK for awhile but usually on some of the other boards, then I realized that June 2013 is approaching quickly!! I thought I'd introduce myself here :)
My FI and I are getting married on June 9th, 2013, after knowing each other for 14 years! I can't wait to marry my best friend Smile.
Really looking forward to getting to know all of you!
Soon-to-be Mrs. Kent

Re: Intro

• Congrats! i'm assuming you've been planning for a while yes? Give us details!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_intro-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:ee1c3da4-0c08-4096-9b66-9611cd3e0b04Post:a1ad762b-c89d-42af-8465-7cf39a7708bc">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats! i'm assuming you've been planning for a while yes? Give us details!!
    Posted by WinoGrrl[/QUOTE]
    Thank you!!!
    We got engaged on August 29th, 2012, and it's been a planning frenzy since then!
    The ceremony will be at 4pm outside of our church (we're the first ones to do this!) and the reception will be where he proposed! It's a ballroom that is located on the roof of a hotel, half indoors and half outdoors, with a beautiful view of Lake Champlain and the mountains! I'm hoping to have timed it so the sun will be setting during the dancing, and then later we can release wish lanterns!
    We just booked our honeymoon yesterday (YAY!!!) so we will be flying to Jamaica the day after the wedding! Can't wait!
    Soon-to-be Mrs. Kent
  • Nice! sounds pretty. I wanted to do the wish lanterns too but my venue doesn't allow it (vineyard). 
  • Welcome!  My venue won't let us do lanterns either, so jealous!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Aw :( I was worried they wouldn't allow it, but I saw some pictures on their website with them so I asked and they said it was fine as long as they are 100% biodegradable!

A vineyard sounds lovely though!! 
    Soon-to-be Mrs. Kent
  • Sounds like a gorgeous reception!! Congratulations and welcome to June 2013!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_intro-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:ee1c3da4-0c08-4096-9b66-9611cd3e0b04Post:a53011f1-343d-49a0-b354-212c2abded1a">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome! I absolutely love Vermont. I spent part of every summer there for years as a kid. Lake Champlain will be gorgeous in June.  Oh, and you got engaged the very day before I did. :)
    Posted by TheMissusLia[/QUOTE]

Oh how fun!! I love Vermont too! Although right now it's a bit too snowy, but that's only because I'm anxious for Spring (AKA June!).

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes!
    Soon-to-be Mrs. Kent
  • Your venue sounds amazing and that is so sweet to have the wedding where he purposed.
    White Knot
    June '13 January siggy Honeymoon Destination
    Indian Head Resort White Mountains New Hampshire
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards