Snarky Brides
Options

Monday?

Am I really the first to start a Monday post at almost 10:30 a.m.? Where is everyone? How was everyone's weekend? If you're in the Northeast, how much snow did you get this weekend?

H had surgery on Friday. It was a long 12+ hour day at the hospital. His surgery went well, but he has a hard time recovering from anesthesia so we were in the recovery/out patient surgery room for a long time till he felt well enough to go home. All the while, mother nature was dumping snow down upon us.

I'm so thankful for my parents and his parent who live close by. It would have an even rougher weekend taking of H if not for them. H's mom dropped off 8 quarts of homemade delicious chicken soup for us, and my parents arranged for the snow plow service to take remove the foot of snow from our driveway and walkway so that I didn't have to shovel in addition to taking care of him. I will have to think of something special to thank them somehow. 
Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Monday?

• Options
    Yeah, I don't know where everybody went either. It sucks that your H had a crappy recovery from anesthesia but at least you have family to help. No snow here of course. It is just rainy here. I see the snow pics and I have a teeny bit of envy but then I think of shoveling and cold and I am happy I live in the south.
  • Options
    Buzz, glad the surgery went well. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

We had a pretty low-key weekend. Went and registered at a Crate & Barrel event, which was very fun (for me, anyway). Working on getting my accessories figured out for day-of before I make an alterations appointment. Shoes, jewelry, hair piece... Checked or almost checked.
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'd give you all our snow if I could! It's raining and gross today, but I hope it helps melt some of this snow. Some people in CT are still stuck in their homes because snow plows have not cleared their street yet. That just seems unfathomable to me. 

Have you done much Mardi Gras celebrating? 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Pickle, we also went to a Crate & Barrel registry event. It was fun and nice to have the store mostly to ourselves. I love the wine glasses we had on registry from there. I was so happy when we received all of them. I was worried we wouldn't because they were some of the most expensive wine glasses that they sell, but I loved them so much and they still make me smile when I drink my wine from them. 

These are what we chose:

What are some of your favorite things that you registered for? 

• Options
    I have been to 2 parades this year which were pretty fun. If the weather holds out we may go to some tomorrow but we are not hardcore enough to go to parades in the rain!
  • Options
    The whole reason we went to C&B was for our everyday dishes, which we already have 4 settings of and just want to add to, and our Wustof knives. We found PLENTY to add to the registy. That store is huge!
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_monday-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:82e5dbd1-2c31-4baf-a70d-bf10b353f961Post:16989e8c-e7ab-4351-90e9-9ea7155f3057">Re: Monday?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The whole reason we went to C&B was for our everyday dishes, which we already have 4 settings of and just want to add to, and our Wustof knives. We found PLENTY to add to the registy. That store is huge!
    Posted by mpickl[/QUOTE]

<div>We would have registered for every day plates and glasses if we didn't already have some. H's mom basically gave us all of our everyday drink ware, serving ware and silverware when we moved into our first apartment together. She shops the outlet malls and over the years collected all this stuff for him and his brother for when they moved out of the house. </div><div>
    </div><div>As much I love them, one warning about Crate and Barrel though - their inventory changes a lot. So keep an eye out on your registry as the months go by. You may have to change some of your choices because they discontinue items a bit more often than I would like. Usually there's something similar to chose so it's not that big of deal, but it's frustrating at the same time. For example a lot of their items change seasonally by color. So something you picked out this weekend, may change to their "spring" colors in a few months. </div>

• Options
    Morning everyone!

Sorry I just got out of two meetings. and its only 9:35! w00t!

I had a pretty low key weekend as well we just hung out. didn't do a whole lot. Which was way nice.

I ordered shoes online for my dress, I am way nervous I hate ordering shoes online. so I am crossing my fingers.

I am glad the surgery is done! I hope he feels better soon..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    Glad to hear surgery went well. Wishing your H a speedy recovery.

I was without power and heat from 8pm Friday until Sunday around 3pm. We got about 30 inches of snow with drifts in my back yard taller than me (5'). The plows didn't come until Sunday but lucky for my FI he has a 4-wheel vehicle and was able to rescue me from the 38 degree apartment and go to my mom's. I know I live in New England, and I should expect snow but I'm praying this is it for the season.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We got about 30 inches here.  The streets are still a mess so school was called off again today.  
  • Options
    B2Z728B2Z728 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2013
    Apple, which shoes did you order? 

I'm always nervous about ordering shoes online too since I'm picky with how they fit. I've found that Zappos and DSW have a great return policy though which helps ease my mind when ordering. 

Jessalyn and MrsG, sorry you guys got clobbered with so much snow! It's good that you both have power and are staying warm though. A couple years ago in NJ we got about 2 ft in one storm and it was not fun at all.

Thanks for all the positive thoughts sent H's way! He should be feeling better hopefully by this weekend. 

• Options
    We had an awesome ride on saturday - did about 100kms of sitting and standing riding, and evry muscle is still screaming at me! We were about 5km from home when FI's machine broke down again, and we ended up towing it home. I'm starting to worry about him riding alone, even with the tracking device he has. What's the point of him having it and getting stuck and me not being able to go get him because we only have one functioning machine???

Anyway, it's getting reapaired yet again (under warranty, this is a new machine) so we're back to having one machine again. Actually, friends of ours are going out of town and offered us the use of one of theirs, which is super awesome.

Now I have a meeting with a parent, and have to go yell at some 13 year old boys for being 13 year old boys.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I ordered these in concord.

http://www.dessy.com/accessories/simple-satin-ballet-flat/#.URkn5meQQX8

I wanted heels at first but I figured these would be better all around.
  • Options
    Pretty shoes, apple! Since my feet are so diferent in size, it doesn't really matter how accurate the sizing is on a website, both shoes will never fit. I just get the half size in between my shoe sizes, and they'll fit one or the other. In stores, I usually fit my big foot, since I can always stuff the smaller one, unless they are open-toed, in which case I get them to fit the small foot. Sigh, shoes are complicated, but I love them anyway.

Our weekend was pretty low key too.

H's mom and grandma came to visit on Saturday for a few hours and we took them out to eat at this local restaurant that is inside of the Randall McCoy house. Gma does geneaology stuff, so she was pretty excited about that, and they want us to take them on the driving tour next time they come in.

We went to visit my mom yesterday, and she told us that she has decided for sure to have the LVAd put in, and her surgery will be in a couple of weeks. I'm working on putting together a hospital basket for her, but she's kind of hard to buy for.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Jenny, sorry to hear about your new snow mobile breaking down. Fortunately it's still on warranty and can be fixed. 

Apple, those are cute! I think your feet will be happy with you for choosing comfortable shoes. 

• Options
    Those ARE cute, Apple.

I don't know what to do about shoes. I'm really thinking sandals. I love heels but my venue isn't ideal and I haven't found wedges yet that I really like.

*sigh

so many shoes, so little time!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the rec, Buzz. I've also heard about the C&B stock changing fairly often. Our everyday plates were originally bought some 6 years ago, so if they get rid of them now, Imma be ANGRY! But they are simple and white, so hopefully it won't be an issue. Will def be keeping an eye on everything, though.
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_monday-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:82e5dbd1-2c31-4baf-a70d-bf10b353f961Post:015b8288-9433-4ffc-83d3-72442f9043c0">Re: Monday?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Those ARE cute, Apple. I don't know what to do about shoes. I'm really thinking sandals. I love heels but my venue isn't ideal and I haven't found wedges yet that I really like. <strong>*sigh so many shoes, so little time!</strong>
    Posted by jennylee813[/QUOTE]

Exactly this!

Thanks guys, I think my feet will be happy too.
    I am just crossing my fingers they work ok..
  • Options
    Chiming in late here, but those are indeed cute shoes. I too went with ballet flats, as I'm sure I'd fall flat on my face if I tried heels (or maybe even sprain an ankle).

As envious as I've often been of those of you who get a "white Christmas" during the winter, I can't imagine what it must have been like for you this past weekend. I hope that all of you and yours are safe and staying as warm as possible.

No snow here in Southern California, but some random rain on Friday and now we just have dry wind. Spent most of yesterday stuffing our invitation envelopes while my fiance worked on our website.

• Options
    And Buzz, please accept my belated thoughts and prayers for a fast recovery for your husband.
  • Options
    Hi everyone!

Today was a meeting day and a drive an hour each way in the freezing rain to go to said meeting day. I feel like I've missed everything!

We were hoping that all the rain today would melt all the snow, but we've still got about a foot everywhere.

I'm thinking I'll do sandal wedges for my wedding shoes, if I can find something I like. I wanted to do flats, but I don't want to shorten my dress and lose all the details on the bottom. They already made it a few inches shorter, but apparently wedding dress patterns are meant for 6 foot tall women!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    just popping in to say hello amidst kids & chores...

i worked 2nd day on new job today, lots of info so my brain is frazzled lol

And I finally called the reception location 4 days ago and no call back yet from the owner, hmmm....

I like those shoes applejambutter, cute!!

We got no snow, I'm in SE michigan, we had rain. its a muddy mess outside right now
    Christie + Chad ~June 8, 2013~
     CPT & mama to 9 kids, one SIL & a grandbaby girl!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards