New York
Options

need indoor wedding venue for july (not church)

'm getting married July 1st 2011. We're having our reception at Justins Grill, I just found out the outdoor area can only hold a quarter of our attendance for the wedding seated..
So now I am looking for an indoor wedding venue in Syracuse that isnt a hotel..
The landmark theatre wants way to much because its a holiday weekend, and the palace is booked and was too much anyhow.
I'm looking for indoor because of hot temps (lots of older guests)
Thanks ladies!

Re: need indoor wedding venue for july (not church)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you willing to move the reception?

You can check out the zoo... it sounds a little crazy, but their banquets/special events are always awesome.  And it would be really unique, ya know?
    Umm... I am really thinking, but having a tough time on this one.  I will ask around tomorrow and see what I can come up with.
    How large of an area do you need?  How many guests?
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    130 or so invites will go out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok... I did some more thinking... here is what I've got for you...
    Most of the locations I could find were a pretty decent drive from Syracuse (30-60min), but totally gorgeous.  I was thinking older mansions and things like that. 
    Esperanze Mansion, Mirabeau Inn & Spa (both are in the Finger Lakes... I think Esperanza is on Cayuga and Mirabeu is in Skeneatlas or Auburn)
    Geneva on the Lake and Belhurst Castle are both on Seneca Lake and very popular wedding spots.
    The Turning Stone... my friend had her wedding here this summer and they did a fantastic job.
    The issue I think you will find is that most of these places will be pretty pricey to have just a ceremony at, because I think they kind of expect you to have your reception there.
    You can also check out some of the golf courses around Syracuse.  I know the Links does weddings (and hosts a bridal show every year).  Lafayette Hills is another one I see advertised a lot.
    If you definitely don't want a hotel or a church, you may want to check out the local golf courses that have nice country clubs attached... that might be your best bet for an indoor location.
    Good luck!!!
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards