New Jersey
Options

What did you use (or are you planning to use) for a cardbox?

I'm game for anything that isn't one of those white treasure box-looking things from Michael's.

TIA! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What did you use (or are you planning to use) for a cardbox?

• Options
    kellybee83kellybee83 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I may attempt tp make my own with paper mache hat boxes, but if I decide not to, I'm planning on buyng this one and adding a few personal touches.

http://shop.marthastewart.com/Martha-Stewart-Gift-Card-Box-White/A/B0045HPFMC.htm

I saw it at paper presentation in the city.  I was just in Michael's on Friday, and didn't notice if they have it there or not.  I know they carry a lot of Martha Stewart products. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got mine custom made on Etsy 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using a large lantern since we're incorporating lanterns as centerpieces.
  • Options
    NJhousewife22NJhousewife22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI made ours using photo frames and the road to the aisle tutorial.
    We are putting our engagement photos in it.

• Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Creative Custom Card Boxes is a company who makes/designs custom boxes.
  • Options
    kristen8040kristen8040 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    From the beginning, FI and I decided we wanted something we could use again.  I had always thought those ones on etsy that looked like a cake or presents were cute, but I know it would sit in the closet.  I decided to buy a wooden box at Michaels and FI would just stain it.  We would then just keep photo albums, cards, and other memorable things in it.  He decided to take it a step further and build the box himself.  It certainly wasn't the cheapest DIY between the wood, stain, and paint, but we were really happy with how it turned out.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i used a vintage bird cage, wrapped it in ivy and had a merlot colored ribbon entwined..my BMs wore merlot dresses and our centerpieces had ivy coming down the stems.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    WeLoveLilo05WeLoveLilo05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_did-use-planning-use-cardbox?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:fa31c946-0acc-4a3f-83b2-b02417794d9bPost:91a24d0f-c4ce-4ea5-95ee-90c797fcbdd2">Re: What did you use (or are you planning to use) for a cardbox?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I may attempt tp make my own with paper mache hat boxes, but if I decide not to, I'm planning on buyng this one and adding a few personal touches. <a href="http://shop.marthastewart.com/Martha-Stewart-Gift-Card-Box-White/A/B0045HPFMC.htm" rel='nofollow'>http://shop.marthastewart.com/Martha-Stewart-Gift-Card-Box-White/A/B0045HPFMC.htm</a> I saw it at paper presentation in the city.  I was just in Michael's on Friday, and didn't notice if they have it there or not.  I know they carry a lot of Martha Stewart products. 
    Posted by kellybee83[/QUOTE]
    That is very pretty, I didn't notice it either at Michael's when I was there last week getting some things for my table numbers. I could put a tiffany blue ribbon in it and starfish/sand dollars. I think it would be cute! And a fair price too!
    August 2011 May Siggy Challenge~ Honeymoon Photobucket www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    133 image Invited to celebrate Jersey Shore style!
    85 image Will be fist pumpin' on the dance floor!
    11 image Won't be having any fun
    37 image Can't Find their mailbox

• Options
    gibribuzgibribuz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used a sleigh decorated with pink poinsettia. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having a fall theme wedding so I bought a large white pumpkin from Michaels.  I'm goind to paint the "cards" on it a cut a slit for the cards to go into it.
  • Options
    cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I made ours from random cardboard boxes, wrapped in white wrapping paper and decorated wite some ribbon and scrapbooking supplies. I think it came out great and was very inexpensive to make!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow!! Now I have so many ideas!! Thanks to Peaches for starting this thread!!!
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    The venue had a birdcage so we just used that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought mine from etsy too! It is a travel themed box with vintage maps all over it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning to use a birdcage- hopefully from an antique store.  I'm going to look over the summer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We also wanted something we could use again and ordered a glass box from here with our names and wedding date on it : http://www.blissweddingsmarket.com/store/engraved-glass-wedding-card-box.htm

And here's a pic of it in our home now:

• Options
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest checking out Christmas Tree Shops.. they have a lot of cute/original stuff there that you could possibly use to make a "cardbox". I remember seeing some birdcages there.. and for anybody who is doing a beach theme wedding.. they have a ton of realy CUTE beach theme stuff out right now. I wanted all of it but I have nothing to use it for!
  • Options
    WeLoveLilo05WeLoveLilo05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_did-use-planning-use-cardbox?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:fa31c946-0acc-4a3f-83b2-b02417794d9bPost:a805677c-4629-4760-8408-11bc7fe1bbc6">Re: What did you use (or are you planning to use) for a cardbox?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would suggest checking out Christmas Tree Shops.. they have a lot of cute/original stuff there that you could possibly use to make a "cardbox". I remember seeing some birdcages there.. and for anybody who is doing a beach theme wedding.. they have a ton of realy CUTE beach theme stuff out right now. I wanted all of it but I have nothing to use it for!
    Posted by cindyn9178[/QUOTE]

Yes I agree, I got all my sea glass and sea shells $1 a bag! Michaels wanted $3.99 I think per bag!
    August 2011 May Siggy Challenge~ Honeymoon Photobucket www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    133 image Invited to celebrate Jersey Shore style!
    85 image Will be fist pumpin' on the dance floor!
    11 image Won't be having any fun
    37 image Can't Find their mailbox

• Options
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_did-use-planning-use-cardbox?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:fa31c946-0acc-4a3f-83b2-b02417794d9bPost:2d9be703-0409-4700-ae78-580a5e34ebe5">Re: What did you use (or are you planning to use) for a cardbox?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What did you use (or are you planning to use) for a cardbox? : Yes I agree, I got all my sea glass and sea shells $1 a bag! Michaels wanted $3.99 I think per bag!
    Posted by WeLoveLilo05[/QUOTE]
    They had somesmall, blue glass dishes in the shape of a shell or a fish that I thought were adorable....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got a wooden trasure chest looking box from Michael's (not from the bridal section) and stained it dark. At some point when I'm not so lazy I'm going to make it look like a pirate treasure chest. (My mom wanted to stain it white originally, so I had to rescure it.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I made ours! Didn't take me that long and I'm really happy with it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used a birdcage bought from Marshalls. Selling it if you want it! lol

*~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    A guitar case!

I still need to finish it though before I post pics.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cousing made a beautiful card box shaped like a wedding cake for her sister's wedding, and offered it to me for mine.  I don't have it yet but will post pix when I do!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_did-use-planning-use-cardbox?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:fa31c946-0acc-4a3f-83b2-b02417794d9bPost:1e55e65b-8e10-4eb9-826c-93275d049b7c">Re: What did you use (or are you planning to use) for a cardbox?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We used a birdcage bought from Marshalls. Selling it if you want it! lol
    Posted by akmackay[/QUOTE]
    Allie - I LOVE IT!  Are the slots big enough for the over-sized wedding cards?  How much are you willing to sell it for (PM me if you'd rather not post on here).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards