Just Engaged and Proposals

just got engaged in costa rica!

hi all!

i've been lurking here for a few weeks, but just now started to really dive into it. i just recently got engaged on March 10th, in Costa Rica. we picked out a ring about a month ago, and actually put a deposit on a venue in late February (what can i say, they offered us a great deal!). the jeweler told us it would be 8 weeks to get the ring in, so needless to say, i was shocked that he proposed in costa rica!

we took a private atv tour through the rainforest, up to a waterfall where they had a bottle of wine waiting for us. i was actually thinking, man, this is the perfect place to propose..too bad we dont have the ring. he led me out in front of the waterfall and asked me to marry him WITH the ring. i was SHOCKED! the first words out of my mouth were 'yes, yes OF COURSE", followed immediately by 'is that real or is that cubic zirconia???". we get a big kick of out that now =p

since we already booked out venue, i al a little farther ahead in the planning than a lot of people who have been engaged only 10 days. looking forward to hanging out on theknot for the next 11 months!

Re: just got engaged in costa rica!

• followed immediately by 'is that real or is that cubic zirconia???".

Not to be biitchy, but why did you ask that?

Congrats though, I've been wanting to go to Costa Rica. I've heard it's beautiful.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_just-got-engaged-costa-rica?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:a7573e05-5f92-4e35-b864-d76815211010Post:686bc6f1-0e1e-46b1-81c8-6b057d2eaf5d">Re: just got engaged in costa rica!</a>:
    [QUOTE]followed immediately by 'is that real or is that cubic zirconia???". Not to be biitchy, but why did you ask that? Congrats though, I've been wanting to go to Costa Rica. I've heard it's beautiful.
    Posted by mwhitson14[/QUOTE]

<div>I think she asked because her real ring wasn't suppose to be done, so she was trying to figure out if it was the real ring or a stand in.</div><div>
    </div><div>Congrats on the engagement!</div>
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • Ah gotcha. I just assumed she would be able to tell that was her ring just by looking at it.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • i was in such shock that he had a ring, which is why i asked that. it was also really shiny so i thought MAYBE it was a fake--it was almost TOO pretty! he thought it was hilarious, and got the biggest kick out of surprising me since Costa Rica was the LAST place i expected it to happen (in my mind it HAD to be a fake!)

and Costa Rica is GORGEOUS :) we are considering going back for our honeymoon. i was very impressed with the hospitality of the Costa Ricans.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards