New Jersey

Westmount Country Club

We went to see the Westmount last night.  It is beautiful but also at the very top of our price range.  They had an event there and we were able to sample some of the appetizers and drinks.  We were treated very well but I am cocnerned about some not so postive reviews that I found online when I googled it.  ANyone been to or had theire wedding at Westmount?  We were looking at the Continental Room.  Any feedback would be greatly apreciated.  Thanks. 
Anniversary

Re: Westmount Country Club

• edited December 2011
    Hi ladies, I just booked my Westmount date in the Continental Room for 12/10/10 - such a long time away, but gives us plenty of time to plan :)I'm so excited to hear all the positive reviews as we loved the place.  Everyone at the westmount was really nice to us and gave us food and drinks when we made our visit.  Looks like most of your dates are earlier than mine, so I can't wait to see pictures and reviews of your weddings.  Hopefully everything goes well!  Any advice you want to share would be awesome.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Bluepop,you and I are a day apart! We should compare notes too! You can email me @ beliefinmydreams@gmail.com. I snagged the LAST Saturday night that was open in 2010 and was able to negotiate down to $145 pp with EVERYTHING! :) My fiance and I saw in on the Knot,went the same day,and absolutely fell in love! The 1st place,and the only place we saw and we booked it <3 SOOOOO excited for 451 days....lol
  • perpearlperpearl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi all... my fiance and I just booked this venue because we loved the modern trendy look to it... due to not meeting the minimum for the bigger room we took the continental room, can you guys tell us how your wedding went? I'm also worried about some negative reviews on service I read! Thanks!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi all... my fiance and I just booked this venue because we loved the modern trendy look to it... due to not meeting the minimum for the bigger room we took the continental room, can you guys tell us how your wedding went? I'm also worried about some negative reviews on service I read! Thanks!
  • Beesleyd25Beesleyd25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    perpearl,

How did your wedding go?  My fiance and I are thinking about checking this place out this weekend.  I wanted to have an idea if you were able to find any positive reviews.  How bad were the bad reviews?  I'm about to go looking now.  
    Thanks
  • virginia725virginia725 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Everyone! My fiancee and I have visited the Westmount twice and I think we are both set on it. There is not a thing I could think of that I would want to change or add.  It is a little far from us (about 45 minutes), but I'm not sure if I should be concerned about that. We went to see several other places (Crystal Plaza, Southgate Manor, Grand Marquis, The Palace, The Imperia) and felt like nothing compared. Does anyone know how they are with pricing? Is there any negotiating? Any other input or advice?
    Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    The biggest drawback of the westmount, IMO, is their "pillar in society" attitude.  My company xmas party used to be there, but now it's at seasons because we got sick of dealing with them.  A big minus to me is that you HAVE to use one of their in house florists that tend to be overpriced.  Also, a few of my wedding vendors rolled their eyes back when I mentioned the place, I guess they don't treat non house vendors very well.  For what it costs,the other drawback to me is that they don't do one wedding at a time.

We got married at Il Tulipano, and it's great how you have the whole place to yourself, including the cocktail hour on the private outdoor piazza.  It's less money than the westmount, and the food is similiar or better in quality and quanitity.  The only drawback is that it starts getting tight over 250 people, so if you need a HUGE room, the westmount will be a better fit.
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • gtdemarchigtdemarchi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey all, I just had my wedding there on 9.10.11. It was spectacular, well worth every penny. We thought it was going to be great but it was even better. We picked it because my family has restaurants so we needed some place that the food was top notch- and it was all cooked perfectly! Tons of amazing food, beautiful venue (our ceremony was there as well) and everything went off without a hitch. Now we're convincing all our friends to get married there!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Beesleyd... i found several positive reviews on insiderpages and we are sticking to it:) Bobby as been nothing but nice to us uptil now... our wedding i slabor day weekend of next year in the continental room... 

gtdemarchi, did you get the ballroom or continental room? my only drawback with the continental room is that there is no central circular dance floor and the outdoor grounds are not as big as the grand ballroom obviously... dont think its too big a deal but crosses my mind every once in a while... what'd you think of the space or anyone else on here that had their event in the continental room? Is it still just as beautiful? How many people have you had in there and was it comfortable and spacious enough? Were they as good as they say they are with refilling and bringing cocktails to the guests?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards