Second Weddings

2 Fathers who do you ask?

This will be my second wedding. At my first wedding I was not speaking to my biological father and was a lot closer to my step father and so my step father walked me down the aisle. Since my last wedding I have reconnected with my biological father and he is going to be paying for some big parts of the wedding. but I am still a lot closer to my step father. I do not know who to ask. I need help!

Re: 2 Fathers who do you ask?

• I'll throw in two other options:  (1) You may walk alone or (2) you may walk with your fiance.  Both work very nicely.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_2-fathers-who-do-you-ask?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:6ef89c0a-0171-4f6a-b05d-f564ba6c7ac8Post:37ac5da8-d7c3-415d-822b-6dd4b8410085">Re: 2 Fathers who do you ask?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll throw in two other options:  (1) You may walk alone or (2) you may walk with your fiance.  Both work very nicely.
    Posted by Lisa50[/QUOTE]

This or you could have bio and step-dad have a duel.  JK
  • I like the idea of both dads walking you down the aisle.  That way you are honoring both.
    image 82 Invited
    image 35 are ready to party! image 6 have better things to do image41 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: Dec 19
    image Favorite Registry Item/South FL Board
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_2-fathers-who-do-you-ask?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:6ef89c0a-0171-4f6a-b05d-f564ba6c7ac8Post:b41edebf-3626-49a6-a22b-7b6d17c9fe97">Re: 2 Fathers who do you ask?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2 Fathers who do you ask? : This or you could have bio and step-dad have a duel.  JK
    Posted by Marrin713[/QUOTE]

ROTF LMAO ... damn!  You and right1 are on a roll today.  This is especially funny b/c I just read another post in which the word "duel" was used and I'm 99.9% certain it was supposed to be "dual" ... *snort*

Anyhoo, thanks for giving me the <em>second</em> biggest laugh of my day, just 1 minute behind the first one.
  • I agree with Retread because you are lucky to have two dads - why not have them both walk you down the aisle? 
  • I was in a similar situation when I got married the first time. At that, my first, wedding, I had both of my "dads" walk me down the aisle. When I get married this time, I'm walking alone, but that's by my choice. However, having both looks beautiful, and it felt great to have them both there by my side.
    Praying for a miracle!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards