Georgia-Atlanta

North Atlanta Venues...HELP!!

I cannot make up my mind, I am from Jasper (45 N of ATL) and I have looked at a bunch of venues and I like them all... any in sight or new ideas??

We are looking at 100 guest for May 2012

I've looked at Big Canoe (know too many ppl that got married there)
Lake Lanier (love it but at the top of my budget)
Forrest Hills loved it at first now second guessing if its worth the money
Gardens at Great oaks like but don't love...
Windermere Golf Club Like so far (but don't like golf so don't know if it's a good fit)
Peachtree CLub (only looked online)
Piedmont Room (only looked online)

For the last 2 I would really like to get married in an old beautiful church if there is one nearby?!!

Re: North Atlanta Venues...HELP!!

• edited December 2011
    I can't really help on the venues but since you are from Jasper I was just wondering if you had any suggestions on an officiant? I'm getting married at Big Canoe in September and the person we were going to use fell through.. Everyone so far I've talked with charges $300-$400 which I am just having a huge issue with..
     By the way I looked in to Lake Lanier before I chose Big Canoe & I really liked it too! Good luck choosing your venue! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    How far north are you willing to travel? What are you looking for as far as venue is concerned?
  • My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at Lake Oconee? That might be a good option.
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • edited December 2011
    We got married at the Georgia Club in Statham (which was right outside of Athens) and it was beautiful! It is a golf course, but it doesn't really look like it and its definitely worth checking out...

www.thegeorgiaclub.com
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! I don't really wann travel much further north bc we have alot of out of towners and family that live in Atl. I also need something that either has lodging or has hotels nearby...and I will def look into lake oconee and the Georgia Club!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I've lived in Dahlonega the last four years of my life and have heard nothing but good things about weddings that happened at Forrest Hills. If y'all are the outdoorsy couple, it would be a great place for you I think!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Mot sure how far you're willing to go, but we're doing ours at Primrose Cottage in Historic Roswell. It beautiful! They're part of a family of venues that include The Atrium, Little Gardens and Flint Hill. I also considered The Payne Corley House in Duluth. I like the Piedmont Tent as well, but fell for Primrose before I even looked at them. Hope you find your dream venue!
  • jjgoodinjjgoodin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Windermerein November. I actually used to be the wedding coordinator there and still love it so much I decided to have my wedding there! The food is amazing. That was always what I got the biggest compliment on! It's really beautiful for outdoor ceremonies also. Good luck with your decision!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting Married at The City Club of Buckhead (http://www.cityclubofbuckhead.com/weddings_cityclubofbuckhead.php) and it is really reasonably priced (only pay for food/drinks, no rental fee) and is absolutely beautiful and in the middle of a million hotels.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards