Colorado-Denver

Who's name goes first?

Fl and I are having a debate about who's name goes first.

I got our Flutes  engraved and put my name first. Well he was a little upset saying the Guys name goes first.

So I am asking for your advice..

Thanks In advance!

P.s we are paying for the wedding so i was wondering for wedding invites, Monagrams and more on who's name i put first!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Who's name goes first?

• edited December 2011
    i don't think it matters

what ever is alphabettically correct

betty and johnny
    OR
    johnny and suzy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • HeywhitneyHeywhitney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was told that the girl's name always goes first because tradition is that the girl's family usually pays for the wedding.  Since you are paying for your own wedding it shouldn't matter though.

To be honest...I like betty and johnny.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mizjodimizjodi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think in this day and age, it's just a personal preference! I think depending on the couple's names, that would determine the order. Sometimes, the guy's name sounds better first, sometimes the gal's! I just think it depends on the flow of the names. JMO!
    BabyFruit Ticker boots badgeDaisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • latty27latty27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was told that in the United States it is tradition for the Girls name to go first (my family is from the middle east and over there I was told it is tradition for the guys name to go first, since the guys family pays for the wedding in our culture). It is your wedding, you can do whatever you like. <3
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    either or... I thought guys name went first but who knows... Jonas and Jamie Jamie and Jonas... I dont know hehehe whatever sounds better.. but great question tho!!!
    Congrats to all my fellow brides to be!!!!!! WERE ENGAGED!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards