Second Weddings

Show us pics of your holiday spirit!!!!

Because some of us are older than most of the brides on the Knot, I thought it would be fun to share pictures of our "holiday homes" since we may have heirlooms or things that have special meaning at this time of year. Also, I love the holiday season and am always looking for inspiration for next year, LOL.

Above is my living room mantle (which I just put up this summer). All the candles are battery operated. I got the gold glitter letters at Walmart when I was looking for smallish stockings, which I never found anywhere. I think they look prettier and more delicate than stockings, and they are the letters of everyone in our combined families.

We redecorated the living room 18 months ago, in a shabby chic/beach cottage style. I always wanted to live in Malibu, and since I never will, at least I can feel like it in my living room LOL. I wanted a small narrow tree for that spot in front of the window and got this one last year. I spray painted shells in yellow and white, then glittered them because I'm anal and want my trees to match the room decor........I know, too much, right? The garland is a thin aqua feather boa that I got at a craft store near me. Below is a close up of the ornaments.

Come on ladies, show us your holiday cheer!

Re: Show us pics of your holiday spirit!!!!

• edited December 2011
    Mine is a work in progress ... Waiting for my kiddos to get back from thier dad's to help with the tree drcorating and stuff ... I'll post pictures on Monday ...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket June 2012 Siggy Challange - Shoes
  • Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    God Sue after your pics, my little fiber optic tree will look even worse than Charlie Brown's.  I love your tree and your mantle.  My best friend Andrea's house is also a Christmas masterpiece.  Maybe I'll post pics of hers instead :)
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nothing says beach chic better than an aqua boa feather garland on the Christmas tree.  You go!
  • debi1941debi1941 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

@Sue, your holiday spirit is gorgeous!!! I love your letter idea instead of stockings....Bravo !

My beautiful tree......

Happy Holidays everyone!

• Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Debi, LOVE your tree! Your house is so clean & uncluttered.

Come on ladies, more pics.
  • debi1941debi1941 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sue, the secret is....Having your house for sale...it makes you declutter!

But the funny thing is, we had a showing on Saturday and the people said  "too much going on"......I thik it is because my xmas stuff is just everywhere...Its my FAV holiday!!

But thank you!
  • edited December 2011
    I love Christmas!!!  It's my favorite time of year and I love decorating for it.  :D

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

We're gping to be away for the holiday so we just put up our small tree.  No reason to decorate the whole house just so that cats can tear it up. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards