Just Engaged and Proposals

Proposal: Favorite/Unique Detail

2»

Re: Proposal: Favorite/Unique Detail

• well I knew my FI had the diamond, his mom had given it to him months previously. Its the diamond his dad proposed to his mom with. We had looked at setting to have it reset but I didnt know he actually went and purchased the setting.

It was easter, and both of our families came together and had a wonderful day. We all went to church and had a cookout at my house. It was just great being around both of our families being loved. We went back to our house and we were just cuddling on the couch. He told me he had to get help a friend work on their car (he's a mechanic)...after an amazing day, I was kind of bummed. Little did I know, he was rushing back to my parents house to officially ask permission. My parents were beyond thrilled but only said he could marry me if he became a patriots fan (big deal in my family).
    So he came back to the house and walked in the house like nothing had happened. We started watching a movie but i soon began messing with him. He is the most ticklish person I've ever met in my life, so i like to tickle him as often as i can to see him squirm. We started play fighting and i ended up pushing him off the couch onto the floor and i was pushed down on the other side of the couch. When i looked up, he had a ring in his hand and began telling me how he couldn't live without me. I dont remember what he said because I was so caught off guard and began balling. I of course said yes and we called both of our parents who weren't surprised at all.

He later told me that he had this whole other proposal planned (having to do with the Carolina Hurricanes...can you tell i'm a big sports fan), but after an amazing day with both of our families he just couldn't wait any longer and had to ask me to be his wife then and there. <3...and thats the sweetest part to the entire proposal...
  • I was graduating with my doctorate and so after the hooding ceremony we got back to our apartment and he said he had another graduation gift for me. He had already gotten me a new camera and we were going to Disney to celebrate in a couple weeks so I could imagine what else he would have gotten me. So he presents me with a wine bottle bag and inside was something that looked like a champagne bottle with a personalized label. It was in fact one of our favorite beers Maudite in a 750mL bottle with the cork top. The label was done by him in typography of all our best memories together and hidden within the words were "will you marry me". It was 1:30am and I was not in a clear mind to be getting the point so he kept asking me if I read the bottle and I kept saying yes and that I thought it was beautiful (without actually seeing what he wanted me to see). Finally he told me to look for the colored words and marry popped out. Before I had time to respond he was on his knee and I was in shock. And the best part was that my family was in town for the graduation so I was able to share the news in person with them the next morning at the hotel, even though they knew about it since he had asked for my dad's permission the week before.

The bottle with his proposal that I will have forever Smile
  • mdd123082mdd123082 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2010
    My Fi proposed to me on the Golden Gate Bridge during a trip to visit friends, so, not anticipating a "romantic" sort of trip but rather one more for reconnecting and sightseeing fun, I never saw it coming.
    It turned out to be a beautiful unexpected surprise, and I'm so grateful our friends were at our sides since they took photos of the moment he fell to his knee to pop the question. We'll always have a special bond with that couple for that reason, and almost tangible memories of that moment from the photos.
    Oh! And I thought he was a little crazy because he had the ring loose in his pocket as we walked over the Bridge (he didn't want the box bulging in his pocket to give it away)! I joked that if he dropped it, he'd have jumped off the bridge... or thrown me off if I said no!
  • My FI asked me to marry him on our 2yr anniversary. It was only 2 years so it was the last thing I was expecting. I was rushing him out the door because i was STARVING and wanted to get to dinner. He pulled me into the garage (totally weird) and then proposed..knee and all. I later asked him why the garage and he said because he didnt want to be on camera, he was nervous enough already. We have a security camera on the front of our house. LOL its corny, but i love corny
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards