Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Question about finding a dress...

This is probably a dumb question but when you find a dress about how much of the dress' cost do you need to pay right away? does it vary from store to store or are all places about the same? I heard about 60% of the dress' price is due but Im not sure.

Re: Question about finding a dress...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure about boutique places, but at Davids Bridal you can either pay up front or do a payment plan kinda like a layaway. The only thing with the layaway is I think they don't order your dress until they receive the last payment. It doesn't take long for the dress to come in, but you gotta keep in mind how long it takes you to pay it off and how much time after that it will give you before the wedding for alterations and such.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic March Siggy Challenge Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Suzanne's, and it was 50% up front and 50% when it arrives this spring.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kolina93kolina93 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

At Arizona Bridal Warehouse for a dress off the rack you had to put 1/3 down and then you have to pay 1/3 the next two months, so total hold could only be for 3 months.

• Options
    jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    It depends on the bridal shop.  You can call to ask about this at the same time you make an appointment if it's going to be a deciding factor when choosing your dress.

PS: we're date twins :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought mine from Once in a Life Tyme Bridal and it was 50% down 50% when you pick it up.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Most places I checked with (Destiny's Bride, Uptown Bridal, Demetrios, I Do I Do) it was 50% down and 50% when it came in. But some places will offer you a discount off the price of the dress (anywhere from 10-20%) if you pay the whole thing up front. That's what I'm doing at Destiny's Bride.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for all your responses! I really appreciate it!

Jemmini...we are date twins! November is gonna come quick! eek! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    go to brilliant bridal on dobson and baseline ( go south on dobson off the us-60).thier prices are really really low! and also, thre is a little shop on rural called bridal country... there was a sweet little lady there who was helping me find a dress and offered 50% off! her prices were already low too
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards