August 2013 Weddings

Honeymoon

Has anyone thought about where you will be going for your honeymoon?

We're thinking about Jamaica but It is kinda scary that my honeymoon will be during hurricane season!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Honeymoon

• We are going to Thailand & Cambodia for 3-4 weeks.

To be honest I am more excited to plan our honeymoon than go dress shopping or pick out centerpieces.
  • We also looked into to Jamaica and after doing some research I noticed it was right in the middle of hurricane season. Not sure if this is going to be the case in a lot of places though with the timing.

We are also looking into Aruba.

How far in advance are you planning to book everything? I am not sure when we should.

• We are either doing Turks and Caicos or Costa Rica.  It is rainy season in CR, but my friend went in August last year for her honeymoon, and said it rained for about 30 min -1 hour a day, and eveyone ran to the bar, and it was super fun/exciting/and everything was really green.  I wouldn't sweat rainy season, but hurricane season, hmmmm maybe a little risky.
  • We are going to China( Beijing and Xian) We are so excited about it. I was afraid to pick any islands due to hurricane season so we decided to go somewhere we may never get the chance to go to again.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • All of your guys' honeymoons sound amazing. I have no clue what we're doing yet. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker August 2013 March Siggy Challenge: The Dress! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Can you talk to a travel agent or someone who has experienced Jamaca during the same tmie period you plan on going? If so that is what I would suggest. It will be rainy season when we go to Thailand but after talking to a travel agent and a friend that had been there in August we decided to go anyway. Remember there are advantages going during an "off-season"
  • We're doing an all inclusive in Cabo. We haven't ever done an AI, and I have heard great things. My FI's step-mom's sister is a travel agent and has great suggestions/ideas. Our other options were Maui or a cruise, but since the wedding is so expensive and we're paying for most of it, the AI makes the most sense for us. We can't wait for it. A week on the beach with lots to drink! :)
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Question for all you ladies. When are you going to start really planning your honeymoons? As in booking flights and everything that comes along with it?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2013-weddings_honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:0c4df628-5c86-4382-8f99-5d75e3f57aa4Discussion:4901e545-0718-4b1b-8aa2-c2fec0180d06Post:05d77d8e-cbcc-44dd-9c3d-a989047f08a5">Re: Honeymoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]Question for all you ladies. When are you going to start really planning your honeymoons? As in booking flights and everything that comes along with it?
    Posted by RailWayWife[/QUOTE]

From what the travel agent told us, it depends on what you're doing. A cruise could book now and you get the best rates. Airfare and hotel typically you need to book a bit closer as most of those schedules aren't available just yet. We will likely book ours in December or January.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2013-weddings_honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:0c4df628-5c86-4382-8f99-5d75e3f57aa4Discussion:4901e545-0718-4b1b-8aa2-c2fec0180d06Post:6cf5b75b-59e4-4a68-8b5a-e1f17a3b01c6">Re: Honeymoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Honeymoon : From what the travel agent told us, it depends on what you're doing. A cruise could book now and you get the best rates. Airfare and hotel typically you need to book a bit closer as most of those schedules aren't available just yet. We will likely book ours in December or January.
    Posted by TiffanyT816[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

PS I LOVE your siggy picture. That bouquet is stunning!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2013-weddings_honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:0c4df628-5c86-4382-8f99-5d75e3f57aa4Discussion:4901e545-0718-4b1b-8aa2-c2fec0180d06Post:f543a98f-7597-4dfd-9659-45a9f79e838f">Re: Honeymoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Honeymoon : Thanks! PS I LOVE your siggy picture. That bouquet is stunning!
    Posted by RailWayWife[/QUOTE]

Thank you!!! I haven't seen many bouquets that are a mix of brooches and real flowers. That's what I'll be going for. :)
  • I think probably 6-8 months out. But it certainly doesn't hurt to think about it now. =)

We've been living together for almost 4 years (we definitely don't need another crockpot or a blender!) so I think we will be doing the honeymoon registry for the shower.

I work with someone that grew up in Jamaica and they said it is not so bad. I will definitely talk with a travel agent before choosing a destination though! I am really just looking for a relaxing beach with drinks as well. Neither of us have ever left the country, and this will probably be our only time going on a tropical get away, so I want to make it a good one!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FI will be right in the middle of med school rotations when we get married, so unless he finds out that he can get a week off, we will probably wait until Dec. to go on a honeymoon. Any suggestions on good places to go during December? We are looking for somewhere with good beaches but also plenty of activities to do (FI is super pale and can only stay in the sun for so long!)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My FI wants to handle the HM as a surprise to me.  We were supposed to be getting married on 9.1.12 but had to move it to 8.31.13. .  My FH had already booked and paid for the HM for this September so we are still going on that trip.  He just disclosed to me the destination.  It's to Fiji.  YAY!!  I told him that if we really loved it we could go back for the real HM next August.  He said nope.  LOL!  So I won't know where we will be going for our HM but I know it will be wonderful.  :)

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• I went to jamaica in July and it rained only a little bit. We booked sandals st. Lucia for our honeymoon
  • St Lucia sounds amazing!

So do all of these other destinations. It's so hard to choose!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SD210SD210 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2013-weddings_honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:0c4df628-5c86-4382-8f99-5d75e3f57aa4Discussion:4901e545-0718-4b1b-8aa2-c2fec0180d06Post:e1b63177-a14e-47a3-9ba7-d50fb58ba98a">Re: Honeymoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>We are either doing Turks and Caicos</strong> or Costa Rica.  It is rainy season in CR, but my friend went in August last year for her honeymoon, and said it rained for about 30 min -1 hour a day, and eveyone ran to the bar, and it was super fun/exciting/and everything was really green.  I wouldn't sweat rainy season, but hurricane season, hmmmm maybe a little risky.
    Posted by jdailey1[/QUOTE]

I've been to T&C (this past January) and it was the best vacation I have ever taken.  The island is very relaxed, not a place to go for clubs or nightlife.  But if you want an amazing beach and excellent restaurants, it is definitely the place to go! 

As for my honeymoom, FI and I are talking about Hawaii.  We want to split time between Oahu and the Big Island.  We won't book it until next spring, though. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards