September 2012 Weddings

Confession Thursday

Good morning ladies,

It's Confession Thursday. I don't have a confession today, so you go...
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Confession Thursday

• SCogs18SCogs18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I confess that I am really bummed that FMIL and step-FMIL have not offered to host a shower for me.  I know showers are a gift/you shouldn't expect one, but it would be really nice of them.  FMIL and I have had a tough relationship, but it's better at the moment and I think it would be nice of her, I guess that is too much to ask.  I'm really surprised step-FMIL didn't offer either.  Her newphew just got married and his mom threw his fiance a shower and I just wish they would do the same for me.  Kind of welcome me into the family and all...Oh well.  There are worse problems to have, right?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • I confess that I am sick of everything lately. Everything is annoying me. I can't get jack done wedding wise because i keep getting called into work at the farm. There is no way I can request time off because only one person can replace me and they need him to do other things right now. I'm also annoyed that my mom keeps trying to pay for things. I don't want her to pay for these things, mostly because I don't even want them. I just make do with what I can and she keeps saying "Oh you can't do that, I'll help you out." If it weren't for her, we would have half the wedding we have, which is nice that she is helping but it's not what I really want. Then, I saw FSIL had a happy fb status about how great her BMs are and it just made me annoyed because mine are all OOT and 2/3 don't give a crap. I always just want to post "Must be nice to have friends who stayed in the same town their whole friggin life!"

I also confess that FI ticked me off bigtime on monday. We went to Amvets (a great TK suggestion!) to get an outfit for him to wear to all the other weddings we have this year. The shirt he got was perfect (A michael kors!!!!) but the pants he picked out were way too big, and saggy in the butt. I told him they were not right and he threw a childish tantrum, saying they would be uncomfortable if they were too tight, and if I didn't like the pants he wouldnt go to the weddings. I was like how the hell old are you!? I cannot talk him into wearing a suit because God forbid he is mildly uncomfortable!
  • I have been waiting to talk to a professor for 5 and 1/2 hours since I made an appointment for 10am, and she didn't bother even showing up until 45 minutes ago, and I'm the last priority because the precious undergrads are much more important than me, the grad student. The problem is that I have to interview this prof or I'm going to end up getting an Unsatisfactory in a class I'm taking, but since I'm not her student, I guess my time just doesn't matter. I haven't eaten since before I got here, and I'm on the verge of either crying or storming out. This is after she and another prof have each cancelled on me multiple times, I am so fed up with profs right now!
    Sept 2012 Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
    But instead of yellow, mine will be peridot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm sorta bummed that one of my BM's probably can't come to my shower or bachelorette. She has boards to take 2 days later, so I totally understand that that comes first. I feel guilty even being sad about it, but obviously I want her there. She originally was scheduled to take them a month early but got pushed back because all the spots got filled.
    Happily married since 9/1/2012!
    The Whimsical Wifey
  • I confess that I feel like a bratty school girl at times. We are in our thirties and everyone we know is already married and having their families. It pisses me off that my cousin, who is one of my bridesmaids, has yet to ask me anything about the wedding/planning. I love her dearly but think she is lazy and cheap and is trying to not be too involved. Everybody else just seems too dang busy with their own lives and children and pregnancies to bother with a wedding.
  • I confess that I get really annoyed when people talk about little things they are upset they can't have and FI and I have $1800 a month in student debt, along with all our other bills and we can't even take time off work because I just started and won't get PTO until December.

Also that I'm just over the wedding. I feel like time is just crawling by. I'm much more interested in my job and moving in with FI then worrying about getting married.
  • I'm kind of on Scogs' page. FMIL hasn't offered or asked about anything. My mom is planning a shower for August, but I know FI's side won't be able to come (they live in NC a few hours away). Shower talk has come up with FMIL, but mostly just her saying she might not be able to come. I know it sounds bratty, but it's not about the gifts. There's a lot on FI's side that I really would love to see besides just at the wedding. =/ Oh well.

• FI has offered to drop a hint to his mom or step mom, but I'm not sure if that is a good idea.  I really do want them to host a shower for me, it's not about the presents at all, for me it's about being welcomed into the family, but I'm afriad I will come off gift grabby.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Confession:  

Today I ate watermelon for breakfast, a 180 cal healthy choice meal for lunch, half a pint of ben and jerry's frozen greek yogurt, 2 beers and popcorn for dinner.  

Calorically, I think it was fine, but dang, do I sound like a 12 year old picking their meals...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • CowgirlK39CowgirlK39 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_confession-thursday-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:735ff283-5f19-403d-890a-e19dc67df50cPost:adf1f763-731b-4e6e-9476-039257b57498">Re: Confession Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confession:   <strong>Today I ate watermelon for breakfast</strong>, a 180 cal healthy choice meal for lunch, half a pint of ben and jerry's frozen greek yogurt, 2 beers and popcorn for dinner.   Calorically, I think it was fine, but dang, do I sound like a 12 year old picking their meals...
    Posted by em105[/QUOTE]

Totally off topic, but is it just me or is the watermelon this year just fantastic? Everyone I know who has had it has said its just delicious this year, and I had an awesome one at FMIL's house a few weeks ago.
  • I miss my mom but I feel like I can't whine about it anymore because people are probably sick of it. And people think, oh, well, you can still go hug her. But not really because she doesn't hug me back and she barely acknowledges me. Dementia sucks. Early onset dementia sucks even more. I'm starting to forget what normal interaction with her was like... 

I even feel like a whiner when I just typed that. I think maybe I'm tired of it too. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_confession-thursday-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:735ff283-5f19-403d-890a-e19dc67df50cPost:2a1bc3c9-e905-4ba2-9722-beb2058a1f0c">Re: Confession Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confession Thursday : Totally off topic, but is it just me or is the watermelon this year just fantastic? Everyone I know who has had it has said its just delicious this year, and I had an awesome one at FMIL's house a few weeks ago.
    Posted by CowgirlK39[/QUOTE]

I bought a watermelon this past weekend and it was DELICIOUS!
    Happily married since 9/1/2012!
    The Whimsical Wifey
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_confession-thursday-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:735ff283-5f19-403d-890a-e19dc67df50cPost:f010814a-d8eb-4c64-87ac-90eed5fb43c1">Re: Confession Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I miss my mom but I feel like I can't whine about it anymore because people are probably sick of it. And people think, oh, well, you can still go hug her. But not really because she doesn't hug me back and she barely acknowledges me. Dementia sucks. Early onset dementia sucks even more. I'm starting to forget what normal interaction with her was like...  I even feel like a whiner when I just typed that. I think maybe I'm tired of it too. 
    Posted by jamie5482[/QUOTE]

***HUGS***

I confess that I thought the home inspector yesterday was HOTT (yes double T hot! haha). I so have a thing for the rugged look and he had the dark features I always thought was "my type". I mean I'm not worried or have any urge to stray but it's the first time I've been seriously attracted to another man since meeting FI (other than Channing Tatum of course LOL). Just a strange feeling and occurence that I hope doesn't repeat itself.
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'll third the watermelon being DELICIOUS comment.  I don't usually buy it because it seems like it can be so hit and miss.  We bought a small one over the weekend, and I have been eating the heck out of it all week.  So good.

I'm going to confess to wishing my mom was more invested in the wedding/wedding planning.  She and my dad seem to be off in la la land most of the time, and just very busy with other things, like, for the rest of the summer.  I came out to visit them twice in the last month or two (they live ~5 hours away), and I can never ever ever get them to visit FI and I in Chicago.  On both trips, I went shopping with my mom for MOB dresses, all of which she hated, except for one she found online and then tracked down in a boutique an hour from their house.  She tried on that dress about a month ago, and as of last weekend, she still hadn't made any moves to order it.  I feel like I have to be the mom, but her dress is one thing I've decided to just let her handle on her own.  If she can't get the one she wants in time, that'll be her problem, not mine.  

Also, my sister lives in the Netherlands and my parents offered to fly her in for a visit (maybe coinciding with my shower??), but she insisted they both fly out to visit her, that she didn't want to take the time off, because she wants to have time off to be able to travel the rest of Europe and not 'waste it' (my words, not hers) on visiting family.  Yeah... she was in Paris over the weekend, and will be going to Rome for a second time this year later this summer, and also has tix reserved to go to Copenhagen soon, and that's only what she currently has reserved.  Priorities?  I think hers are screwed up, and when I think about it too much I get really pissed off.  

And while I'm talking about family, I'm really glad the FILs will be OOT on Sunday.  They've been buzzing around the house like crazy people on the weekend preparing for FBIL's wedding in a few weeks.  Here's hoping we don't get another 'we're going to recarpet your whole apartment next weekend' surprise tonight or tomorrow.  

OK, rants over.  Guess I really needed to do some confessing.
  • Thanks, mamameech! Sometimes I just need to get that out. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards