California-Los Angeles

Went to Santee Alley Last Saturday....I'm officail becoming a DIY bride...deals,deal,!

Wow have any of you knottie's checked out the bridal section of downtown LA.
It's pretty awesome, I found Manzanai  branches (spelling not my best subject) for 12 bucks!!!

And they have flowers galore, I'm serious I couldn't believe all the things down there, I'm going back this saturday as well. I here there's a street that actually has wedding dresses not sure where.

Have any of you ladies been down to the Alley yet?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Went to Santee Alley Last Saturday....I'm officail becoming a DIY bride...deals,deal,!

• edited December 2011
    Lots of bridal goodies on maple between 8th and 9th too!  be sure to peek in the hidden corridors off the street.

invitations, fascinators, veils, dresses, bridesmaids gear galore!
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • joysyearjoysyear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    cool thanks I'll check them out next weekend
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • aphrodite_macaphrodite_mac member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Where do they have the manzanitas and flowers?  Do you know where I can get a cake stand in downtown and a dress form?  Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i got my flowers from one of the dozens of florists around the flower mart in the flower district.  there are many on 8t st near los angeles and there's the flower mart if you are DIY at 7th and wall

my cake stand is up for grabs! $50

Anniversary Photobucket
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

That is exactly the kind of cake stand I am looking for, how big is it?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    16"  
    Anniversary Photobucket
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will ask my baker on the size of our cake, then Il let you know if I can buy.  Pick up ok?  Where are you in LA?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    OP:
    any more downtown adventures?

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-los-angeles_went-santee-alley-last-saturdayim-officail-becoming-diy-bridedealsdeal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:68Discussion:10257247-0d4c-4473-9e2c-cb985bfdbfd0Post:6d54e887-df78-4555-88a9-8aa2d48946ea">Re: Went to Santee Alley Last Saturday....I'm officail becoming a DIY bride...deals,deal,!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I will ask my baker on the size of our cake, then Il let you know if I can buy.  Pick up ok?  Where are you in LA?
    Posted by aphrodite_mac[/QUOTE]

you have a private message :)
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • joysyearjoysyear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I went and tried on a few dresses saturday they were really reasoanble. I alsmost bought a sample de vince for $400 but the train was to dirty. But the bridesmaides dresses were gorgeous.

I'll have to take my girls down there soon .

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards