Nebraska

Durham- For the wedding and ceremony??

Hello Ladies,

I wanted to know if any of you have used Durham? We are thnking about only renting the swanson gallery for both the ceremony and reception and having guests go to the basement to view the exhibits for (a no alcohol) cocktail hour while we rearrange the room. Does that sound okay? We would use the west end but we have too many guests(250). Also if you have used Durham do you know a price range for rentals? Lastly, Is it wierd to do a vintage spring themed wedding there?

Another thought we had was to use the Bayliss Park Hall. Thoughts??

Thanks!

Paige

Re: Durham- For the wedding and ceremony??

• edited December 2011

When I emailed the Durham last week, they sent back that the rental for the Swanson Gallery was $1600 without tables and chairs and there was a separate ceremony site available for $250 if you rented the Swanson Gallery, so I'm not sure if you're able to have both in the same room. Hope that helps!

• edited December 2011
    I think that would work just fine - I attended a wedding there last summer who did the cocktail hour in the basement and the reception in the Swanson room.. it was beautiful and I liked being able to walk around downstairs. I don't know any fees or anything, but I think the logistics sound fine! And it's not weird to do a spring vintage theme.. its your day, do what you like! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards