Illinois

Wedding Event Company - WOW - be mindful before booking w/them

Be careful when considering utilizing the above company for either your event planning &/or flowers for your event.  We just had them supply flowers and netting for the church pews, along with set up & the cost was $2,000. Now mind you, my daughter in-law indicated their budget was NOT to exceed $2,000 & the event planner (?? owner of company) Jonelle took that as a go ahead, I'll take the $2,000 & only give her about $500 worth of flowers.  We also rented their different size vases for a candy buffet as well.  Let me just indicate what she did not provide us with the day of the wedding: 1st she shorted us 5 boutineirres/corsages & we had given her the list at 3 different meetings.  She &/or her staff did not stay with our bridal party whille we were getting ready to either apply or hand out the flowers OR make sure we had all of them. She & her staff took off to set up the reception hall & we were unable to reach them.  They most likley came from IL to WI to set up church & then head over to reception to set up & then back again to church to retrieve flowers to be taken back to reception hall to be used, for ALL of 6-7 hours.  Then our invoice indicated that our large vases which she supplied were to have 12 calla lillies in them on every other table, each vase ONLY had 3 calla lillies.  But mind you, she charged them for 12 x 10 tables.  I know each event company can & will make mistakes, but come on, this is their business & time to shine!!  I just want anyone interested in utilizing to have them send you an itemized invoice with what they'll be providing you with your money (she literally mailed my son & wife an invoice stating @2,000 & did not list what that included, ie staying with bridal party for handing out flowers till ceremony begins etc.  Very unprofessiional & I highly doubt we will ever see a refund for our flowers not provided.  Just be mindful IF you should select them for your event, wouldn't want anyone else to expect your event to be taken care and then they drop the ball.

Dissapointed

Re: Wedding Event Company - WOW - be mindful before booking w/them

• debbeaudebbeau member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Answer
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry to hear that this happened to them. Honesty, good service and getting what you paid for does not seem like to much to ask for to me. I hope the rest of their day was wonderful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards