Retro and Vintage Weddings

any curvier ladies use Dolly Couture?

I knew I wanted a short and/or vintage inspired dress from the get go and loved Stephanie James but she is out of my price range and didn't return an email which annoyed me (silly, but true). I also like Dolly couture but am worried about having a custom gown made for myself. I am 5'5 and a half and wear a street size 14-16 and tend to be proportionally top heavy. If any of you curvier ladies have used her, please let me know how it turned out or what your experience w/her was. she has great reviews, but, I'm still tentative. She has lots of real brides posted on her fb of all different shapes and sizes, but none wearing the style(s) I prefer for myself. Also, did her finished product look cheap since her price points are so low?

Re: any curvier ladies use Dolly Couture?

• I answered you on the attire board but forgot to add that I needed custom measurements as my bust doesn't fit in a typical size. They take like 15 different measurements to ensure it fits, and anything from the waist down is hidden in the petticoats. I can't imagine these styles looking bad in anyone.

• I tried on a few Dolly dresses but I didn't order one they seemed like they would fit a curvy girl fine. I'm a street size 16. You might also try whirling turban, http://whirlingturban.com/. I know you can order a mock up of the custom fit dress and try it on before they cut in the actual fabric you choose. They're in the Dolly Couture price range as well.
    White Knot
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards