Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

When to get Engagement Photos Taken?

I'm new to TheKnot.com and this is my first post. I got engaged in November but didn't start much planning until a couple weeks ago when I was finished with school. We don't have anything set in stone yet but we're looking at a wedding date of June 25, 2011. Is there a time that most people get their engagement photos done or is it just whenever it fits into the schedules? We want to get our photos done at the beach so we want to do it when it's still nice out, like the end of this summer. Is this too soon?? Or does it even matter??
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: When to get Engagement Photos Taken?

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yeah it really depends on where you live, the weather, the convenience, etc.  I was getting married in the fall, so I did them in the spring--about 6 months out.  I did them in May which is already pretty hot here in Texas, but past the point of when we get a lot of rain.  Any later than May and outside pictures would be too brutal.  As long as you don't plan on drastically changing what you look like between this summer and next, I think it would be fine.

• edited December 2011
    Agree with Stephie, get them taken when it works with your schedules and the weather if you want outside pics.
    We are getting married May 28, 2011 and are getting engagement pics taken next month so that we can use them on our STD's, going out early fall.  So I don't think it would be too early.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks girls!! We haven't even picked a photographer yet but I was curious. I guess I better start looking for one so they'll have time to do it in a few months. I like the idea of using a photo on the STD's.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • benmel31benmel31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our e-pics taken today.  Its is 9 weeks before our wedding.  I want them for our photo guest book that I am going to make and possibly for a card box.  Just take them when it fits your schedule and the season suits the look you want.  We are having our pics taken in a local park.  So everything will be green and pretty.
    Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards