Rhode Island
Options

Any decent used gown retailers around?

Hi! 

I am a girl on a budget but have always loved Vera Wang and Carolina Herrera dresses...  Does anyone know of a good used wedding gown boutique?

Any suggestions would be very helpful!

Re: Any decent used gown retailers around?

• Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should also try your luck on ebay, just be cautious of buyers from Asia. You might also want to try your luck at the Running of the Brides in Boston this August. Another great wedding site is oncewed

http://www.oncewed.com/used-wedding-dresses/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I heard Vera is designing a line for David's Bridal.  Not sure what it looks like or when the line is hitting stores, but it's something to consider!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There is a store in Watertiown, MA (not sure if this is too far for you) that sells sample dresses - so you can get a $3,000 dress for like $800!  It's called Vows - I believe it's hit or miss but people have told me that have had alot of luck there. 
  • Options
    Jackie3886Jackie3886 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Brides Against Breast Cancer National Tour of Dresses will be coming to Rhode Island in June.  I went to the event that they held in the Boston area about a month ago and tried on about a dozen dresses there, none of which would have cost me more than $700.  They do have a bunch of couture dresses for just a little more than that.  I ended up finding my dress there... it was originally $999 but I got it for $419.  The experience was great and your money goes to a great cause :-)
  • Options
    Jackie3886Jackie3886 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry that I forgot to add it to my post above, but here is a link to the website:

http://bridesagainstbreastcancer.org/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards