Jewish Weddings
Options

flowers for chuppah

what flowers did you use to decorate your chuppah poles? our poles will be made of bamboo and i had wanted to cover them in willow branches and orchids, but it is looking like the budget will not allow for that and we will need a more simple arrangement. any ideas?
Visit Jewish.weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: flowers for chuppah

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Our poles are birch branches and we're covering them with more birch, curly willow and vibrant fall leaves. I wanted something that gave the look of a fall tree on a budget and I'm very happy with what my florist is doing.
  • Options
    reebsreebsreebsreebs member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our poles will not be covered with anything. They will be wood, then near the top they have a metal embelishment.  No need for flowers. The four parents will be holding them, so you wouldn't really see flowers anyway.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you could do lilies if they're in season

or you could do fake orchids
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Jami86eJami86e member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    can't do fake flowers. future sister in law is a florist and would kill me
  • Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours didn't have flowers at all.  We decorated it with ivory charmeuse fabric, gold satin sashes, rose lights, and an ivory pew bow.

• Options
    razdazzlerazdazzle member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't use flowers either, but I liked the simplicity of ivory sheer fabric - plus it worked well in the space.  Is your wedding inside or out?

• Options
    Jami86eJami86e member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    december wedding in chicago = inside lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used fabric to cover the poles, since it was quite a structure.  Then we had a mix of roses, hydrangeas and greens along the top (but very simple, elegant), and a nice pot for the base.  I may have pics of mind in my profile; it was one of the best parts of the day (all the flowers were great).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ours will be similar to razdazzle, all fabric with hanging votives and lights.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ee773ee773 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also using bamboo for the poles.  Our florist is making up an arrangement of orange dahlias, burgundy celosia, curly willow and lily grass for each corner.  I think they'll be attached at the top of the pole.  She is charging us $20 per arrangement.
  • Options
    tenofcups4metenofcups4me member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Outdoor wedding -- curly willow and white hydrangea running down the poles and around the front. I thought it was very pretty.
  • Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Here's a non-pro pic of mine.  Two of my aunts decorated the synagogue's plain chuppah with gladiolas, delphiniums, and ivy vines/garlands.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards