Virginia-Richmond

Inexpensive Venues

Hi everyone, I'm new to this board. My FI and I are looking for inexpensive venues and could really use some help. We are getting married May 12, 2012 and really would like to look at some places this summer when I'm on summer break. We originally wanted a beach wedding but then we started compiling the guest list and ruled against it. We would like to have the ceremony and reception in the same venue. We would like an outdoor wedding. My best friend was married last year at Twin Lakes State Park and it was beautiful, but we haven't found any other state park that fits us, he really wants to get married by some body of water whether it be lake or river view..I'm just lost on where to look...PLEASE HELP...thanks
Graphics Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Inexpensive Venues

• tammyfatammyfa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you thoguht about Lake Anna? It's about 45 minutes from Richmond. There are some great venues on the lake there.

Willow Oaks Country Club is right on the James River.
    Dominion Country Club has gazebos on a lake.
    Pocahontas State Park may have some water areas.
    Virginia Cliffe Inn is quaint with only outdoor ceremony and reception areas.
    The Valentine Museum (Richmond History Center) is very affordable and has a great outside garden for ceremony and reception area that accommodates 50-60 people.

Hope that helps, good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much!!!
    Graphics Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    VA Cliffe Inn does has a very pretty pond. And the cost is very reasonable. I would highly recommend NOT even looking at Celebrations By The Reservoir!! It is beautiful, but they are high pressure and very expensive...there are so many hidden costs they don't tell you about until you go see the sight.
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi - Can you post the link for Dominion Country Club? I am finding one in Texas!

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards