Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Seeing Groom before wedding?

2»

Re: Seeing Groom before wedding?

• Robyn5298Robyn5298 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    edited October 2010
    My husband and I slept in separate hotel rooms the night before the wedding and steered clear of each other while everyone was getting ready and getting to the venue.

The first time we saw each other was at the venue when we were both dressed and ready to go.  We had first look pics with just us and the photographers, then the family and bridal party joined us and we did group photos.

After the ceremony we and our families / friends were able to enjoy our cocktail hour knowing that the posed photos were done.  My mother who thought it was SO SHOCKING that we'd see each other before the ceremony (nevermind that we've been living together for 3 years) actually thanked us for doing it that way at the reception!

The moment of walking down the aisle is so huge that it was still amazing and wonderful, even though we had seen each other just 30 minutes before. 

I highly recommend doing things this way!  It made things so much easier and seeing my husband beforehand really calmed my nerves.  But you've got to do what feels best for you and your fiance!
  • We will wake up together, as we have nearly every morning for  4 1/2 years. We are going to have a quiet breakfast, just the 2 of us, so that we can have some "us time" before the beautiful craziness of the day starts. We are very untraditional so this works for us. I'm sure that whatever you decide will be perfect for you!!
  • I'm staying with my parents and having breakfast the morning of. I want him to see me for the first time as I get ready to walk down. There's just something about having that one last morning with just my folks as their "single" little girl.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards