Plus-Sized
Options

Wedding Programs

Are they a must have?  Are you doing them? Thoughts?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Programs

• Options
    i am not, but my wedding is small (60 people) and so is our wedding party.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ugh I've been up and down with this topic as well....I think we figured at this point that since our ceremony is outdoors that we would do diy fans, mind as well print the programs on them.

I think though it would help with people who do not know your wedding party, parents, etc to know their names for better mingling at the reception. Also if you're having a large/long ceremony ie a Catholic wedding, it would help with keeping your guests informed with the flow of your ceremony.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    While they aren't totally necessary I have never been to a wedding without them and if I went to a wedding that didn't have them I would probably wonder where they are.  I wouldn't think any less of the bride or groom of course for not having them though.  I think programs are a nice way to bring people into the ceremony, introduce the special people who are a part of the ceremony such as wedding party, readers, singers, etc.  I also like it when people write a thank you to their guests in the program.  You can also write down in the program any signficiant traditions or meanings to your ceremony that you may be doing.  Good luck :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I also recently posted this same question. Our wedding party is very small and the ceremony will be simple, so I don't think we are going to do them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    i am having a wedding of under 65 and only about 10 guests will be from my fiancée side
    i have not even thought about doing them - we are getting married on site with no travel so i am hoping the guest will just go with the flow - i might be wrong but oh well :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    We're doing them. We're having just over 100 guests and the ceremony will be held in a Catholic church. While it's not a full mass, I know plenty of people who might feel uncomfortable in a church setting and I think our programs can help them know what to expect. 
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited July 2012

I like them.  As a guest I'm figgity and bored and like having something to read, esp. if I don't know everyone involved or want to know what song that was or what reading. And like mentioned above - they are a nice way to bring people into the ceremony and let them know what is going on.
    As a bride I'm using them to give a few extra shout outs to some special people how have given a lot of help/support, introduce some unique things we'll be doing so guests know what the heck is going on (doing a ring warming ceremony, we will be ushering people  out, and  then gathering outside the church for a picture with all  80 of our guests, etc)

Now...favors...those I don't see a point to and will be skipping those,  but Programs, I think are important.
  • Options
    We did them. I liked them and the way they came out, but I don't think they are a neccessity.  
  • Options
    My mother and FMIL insisted that I have them and to be honest since we are having a Catholic mass ceremony is proves helpful for anyone who is isn't familiar with the process.

I purchased the paper from Gartner Studio. It came with access to a template. Easy to use and very inexpensive. The paper is gorgeous and my test program came out beautiful.
    Anniversary
  • Options

Thanks for your input ladies!  I think we will make a very simple program.  I agree, it is a good way to help people understand what is going on.

@HeadsGal, we also plan on ushering out our guest.  How do you plan on wording this in the program? 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards