Ohio-Columbus

affordable makeup AND hairstylist?

i want someone who is pretty cheap who can do both makeup and hair onsite. suggestions?

Re: affordable makeup AND hairstylist?

• Depends on what your budget is. I just finished booking makeup and hair after an exhausting search trying to figure out the best value for your money. I would say the average makeup cost is $125+ and the average hair cost is about $100 once you factor in the cost of a trial run.

It really depends on your budget, but I'll throw this out there - you get what you pay for. I personally wanted someone with a lot of wedding hair/makeup experience since I live out of town and won't have a lot of personal interaction to feel confident with them beforehand. You can book people with less experience for cheaper, and if you live in the area and can have a couple of appointments with them before booking them you might be more confident. If you search the boards, you'll find that a lot of Salon Lofts stylists are popular for wedding hair and there are a lot of freelance makeup artists recommended including Kelli Ramey, Melissa Roshan, Alison Feamster and more. Shannon Goode is also highly recommended for on-site wedding hair, but I am going with a Salon Lofts stylist.
  • Sorry - just saw you were looking for someone who does both. You might be able to find a Salon Lofts person who does both if you check around but I haven't heard of anybody who does both.
  • I'm a freelance makeup artist who is teamed up with a talented hairstylist for this wedding season. We've put together some great packages and come to you.
    www.beautybyblake.com
  • Definitely try a salon lofts person. I used Chelsea Beck out of the Sawmill location. She does the bride's makeup for free if you're having her do your hair also. It isn't airbrush, but my makeup looked great the whole day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards