Wedding Etiquette Forum

Has anyone else noticed

Re: Has anyone else noticed

• She's making fun of my "word of the day" yesterday.  I used Various about a dozen times in one post.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-noticed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d057d6da-d006-4654-b1eb-85c168060e24Post:42738061-4e48-41a7-910b-c80f7967ba52">Re: Has anyone else noticed</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh dear.  Did you just question buddha's love for Christian (Bale).  Ohhh hFishy.
    Posted by wadingmoose[/QUOTE]

Them's fightin words for sure. My love has burned strong for almost 20 years.
  • Buddha - maybe

Lala- no
  • Missy- I like your new sig pic!  Your dog (and you & H) are cute :)

PM's crash my browser.  It's lame.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-noticed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d057d6da-d006-4654-b1eb-85c168060e24Post:6052eb95-91ac-48db-85ee-0af374eaa7bb">Re: Has anyone else noticed</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would like Vally to variously expand on her various theories.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

No, not my theories, just reading through the post a lot of people mentioned different ideas on why the change of pace/mood. I was just observing (and what Moose said).
  • I don't read a lot of posts once they go past one or two pages, just because I dislike that there are only 30 posts per page now.  The whole format/colors in general seem harder on my eyes than the old setup, so I really can't tolerate staring at the page for more than a few minutes at a time.  Maybe it's because the signatures are more pronounced now? I should try posting with them off, but then I don't think I'd know who anyone was.
  • Whats an offboard?

"Whatever East. You're just mad I RSVP'd "lame" to your pre-wedding sleepover."
  • it's one of those things you'll never be a part of because everyone hates you.
  • My locals were super slow before, but they're basically entirely dead now.  I know some of the old regs there have an offboard, and I'm thinking they've gone over completely.  I'm hoping that doesn't happen here.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • and people hate you because YOU'RE NOT REAL.
  • I don't like the 30 posts per page thing either.
    And I agree...something has been off about the board. I think Nebb is right and I also agree with what LVB said on the first page.

I don't think it's bad that we are talking about our lives more, but it does seem like there are much less new people.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Oh and some of my favorite regular people haven't been around much. Ahem...PirataLalaVogtGeorgia...
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Do multiple personalities count as an offboard? 

• ok, that just hurts.   I am real, no matter what a friend of a friend of a friends facebook may say. 

• work sucks, salt. damn the man. :)
  • It's on the water tower, East. They were talking about it at 31 flavors last night.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • hey east, how are you even on here? aren't you supposed to have landscaping duty right now?
  • [QUOTE]My locals were super slow before, but they're basically entirely dead now.  I know some of the old regs there have an offboard, and I'm thinking they've gone over completely.  I'm hoping that doesn't happen here.
    Posted by squirrly[/QUOTE]

This happened with my local also - it seems like within 3-4 week period (before the switch), most of the people started posting on TheNest and would come back occasionally to answer Knot posts, but since the format switched hardly any of them come back.
  • I'm real! I'm a real boy! 

• a portrait of East
  • There is an offboard but the last time I checked it, there hadn't been any activity since Nov. 21st.  So I guess that didn't last.  Unless I'm doing it wrong. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks Kiki! My dad took that Sunday morning, before we left Dallas to drive back to Iowa. We'd given the dog a tranquilizer, so she's a little dopey-eyed.  Her trip down was really rough.  I think DH is a cutie, but he hates the camera, and he doesn't take good pictures because of it. 
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • I lurve this thread.

• I posted a few times on the offboard Dani mentioned, while I was trying to figure out why the heck I wasn't able to post here, but I didn't like the format of that one.  Plus, it's not as much fun without random WR questions.  Anyone I want to talk to off boards, I know how to contact.  Meh.
  • I just want to point out that I still can't see 90% of pictures posted, so I still feel left out all the time. So, yeah.

I keep trying to post more, but can't seem to keep up.

• I miss you Georgia.  YOu haven't gotten a song stuck in my head in ages.
  • Well, Georgia, I think the important question here is:

Can you see my sig, huh, huh, can you?

• I am shocked to hear discussion of offboards. Those thing do NOT exist.

Since I'm a member of the enemy, I can't know about them lest I divulge secret information.

:pours one out for the battles of yore::
  • HA. Those were some pretty dramatic times, Buddha.

• Yeah they were.  I think even that rivalry is gone now though. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards