South Carolina

North Myrtle Beach wedding in 55 days--I need help!

Hello Everyone!
I have really enjoyed reading everyone's posts on this board! I've learned a lot and your tips have really helped me to start planning. Yes, I did say START planning! My fiance and I have been engaged for over a year, and I finally got him to nail down a wedding date! Problem is, I have very little time! I've found the officiant and photographer, but I still need a place to stay. I'm looking for somewhere nice since this will be our honeymoon as well as our wedding. Since it is such last minute notice, I'm having trouble finding a place that fits all of my "wishes"!!

Also, I know I want a really pretty bouquet, but I've no idea where to look or how to go about looking. Do I look online? Is there a place I should go? Do I get the bouquet here in Columbia where I live, or pick it  up in N. Myrtle? I'd also like a small wedding cake--any recommendations?

Help!!!

Becky

Re: North Myrtle Beach wedding in 55 days--I need help!

• edited December 2011
    Oh boy congrats on setting the date!

I think maybe you should take a weekend and go to North Myrtle Beach. I'd google wedding cakes and florists and make appointments with them. Give yourself about 1.5 hours with each. You can look at several hotels as well. I usually stay in Myrtle Beach when I go, so I don't have any good hotel suggestions for you, but I think a weekend visit with a wedding themed mission is in order. The only reason I say to actually meet with people in N Myrtle is because you never know what can come up on a drive from Columbia to the beach. The cake and flowers may be caught in traffic or worse.

Also, when going to these meetings make sure you know what colors you want to use, what style you like, and take photos if you find something you like on the internet. Good luck.
    Anniversary
  • chariot272chariot272 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the great advice! You are right, I need to go check out the area before making any decisions. I'm so short on time...better get busy!!
  • edited December 2011
    Cakes by the Sea and Cactus Sands Florist that is who I am using and they are great and reasonably priced.
  • edited December 2011
    I am an NMB girl so just page me if you need any more vendor help!
  • edited December 2011
    Flowers can be expensive but if you want to save some money we specialize in silk wedding flowers or real touch.  You should check us out and we also ship for free we are locally in Florence.

http://www.lmchomemadecrafts.com/weddingflowerstart.html
  • edited December 2011

I make affordable custom bouquets. Check out my blog................
    www.budgetbridalbouquets.blogspot.com
    Cheapest prices around!!!!!!!!!!!
    Free quote & info.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

• edited December 2011
    We are getting married just over the border in Ocean Isle and have a really great Cake vendor with Monique: www.sugarconfections.com

Also, if you haven't finalized your venue, we are doing wedding, rehearsal and reception at the same location (renting a beach house) called Knots Landing (Ocean Isle Beach North Carolina) and they specialize in weddings...  it has 8 bedrooms which is great for out of towners like us, we live in Minneapolis

Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards