40-Plus Brides
Options

Wedding guest list

We have too many friends!!!  Everyone wants to come to our wedding and we only have room for 300 at the reception.  Two questions - do I have to invite to the wedding everyone that was invited to a wedding shower?  Dare we invite 400 people (bodies, not invitations) and hope only 2/3 of them show up!  Totally stressed!!!!

Re: Wedding guest list

• Options
    You should ONLY invite the folks to the shower who are invited to the wedding.  (Not the other way around.)   If you have room for 300, you should have established that list first, then given that list to whoever is planning your shower.  (I'm assuming you know that you should not throw a shower for yourself.)
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    Whoa!  Don't count on potential no-shows to justify an expanded guest list. 

If you've already had a shower and do not have a finalized guest list for the wedding, I can see why you're "totally stressed."  You need to take a step back and, if you've had a shower to which 400 guests were invited, you need to find a bigger venue for your wedding reception -- FAST!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards