Getting in Shape

New Plan

As much as I love my gym membership, I'm thinking of cancelling it at least until after the wedding. It'll save me a little money, and I'll work out exclusively at home, which means I'll be more likely to stick to it regularly. I have some workout DVDs, and want to buy Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred to add to the routine. I have 2 other DVDs by her, No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, which I confess I haven't given a fair try yet. Do you think if I do these DVDs regularly, that will be enough? I'm wondering if it's enough cardio. I can't walk or job for long distances because I have problems with my left foot. I can do some plyo stuff but not jog. Eventually I will be moving in with my FI who has a small gym in his building, and I'll be able to incorporate cardio then, but not sure when that will be. I need to lose quite a bit of weight. What do you all think?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: New Plan

• My suggestion is to keep the gym membership. I know that I would work out more than I do if I had already paid money to a gym. At home, I have NO self motivation and hardly ever work out like I know I should. If you have great drive and KNOW that you will actually work out at home then go ahead and cancel it though. The extra $ would be helpful, I understand.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    410image Invited
    253image Accepted
    130image Declined
    48image Waiting

http://frommillertocarlson.weebly.com/
  • To play devils advocate, I hate gyms and am much better off at home.  I don't like the rigidity of having to go to a certain class at a certain time, and I don't like sweating in front of people.  The times of the classes I'd be interested in never seem to work out with my schedule anyway.  So, for me, working out at home is much better.  Do what works for you.  
  • I did 30DS on demand and it was like 20 minutes. it was level 1.  How is the DVD set up.  How many levels are there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards