Outdoor Weddings

Flower petals outdoors

I'd love to have my FG actually drop petals, but because our ceremony is outdoors, I'm not sure about doing this. Is anyone else having their FG drop petals? I know we'd have to go with real petals so that we won't have to pick up a bunch of fake petals after the ceremony. I'm just concerned about how well it will work outdoors, but I love it when the FG actually spreads flowers.
Photobucket
Anniversary
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Flower petals outdoors

• I'm having a grassy aisle and probably will have it lined with petals along the chairs. I just love the look.

http://www.greatexpectationsky.com/wp-content/Gazebo-5.jpg

So I will have the flower girl drop some petals as well. Unfortunately I can't afford real petals, so mine will have to be swept up afterwards. I'm hoping that it is not too windy and they don't end up everywhere. if they just stay along the aisle, it is not going to be that hard in my opinion.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited April 2012
    Wow, I've never seen that before. My aisle is grassy as well, and that is a beautiful look. I'll have to show FI and see if he wants to work that in. :)
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm using real rose petals since I can get them for a decent price from www.fiftyflowers.com
    another bride on here told me about them because I was having a crisis with my florist, so now I'm getting all of my flowers through them.
  • We lined our aisle with petals and they worked just fine. Our FG just carried a basket, but I'm sure if she threw petals there would not have been any issues. We also ordered our petals online.
  • Make sure you check with your venue.  Ours doesn't allow anything to be scattered, even real petals.     So, we are just having her carry some flowers.
  • I think I'm going to have them pre-scattered so that my 3 y-o neice can forget if she wants to. haha. She just needs to make it downt he aisle, which shouldn't be an issue since her mama is a BM and will be waiting for her at the end.

But yea... I totally didn't think about the real petal thing... and I bought fake... hm.... Hope it isn't windy!
    Photobucket Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We lined our aisle with petals and had the flower girl scatter some as well.  Of course, she took two big handfuls before she even reached the main aisle, which was adorable and hilarious, but it worked out pretty well.  Rose petals are actually a decent weight to not get blown too much if it's just breezy.  If you get a lot of wind, I'm sure the petals will be the least of your worry anyways.

We ordered bulk roses (100 stems) from Costco and used half for our centerpieces and half my IL's 'de-petaled' the day off and that's what we used for the aisle.
    Anniversary
  • biopoobiopoo member
    First Comment
    We are having our grassy aisle way with scattered white orchids and the FG will drop purple rose petals.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Flower petals outdoors:

I'm sure that would be so pretty.  Just be sure to check beforehand with your venue.  Many of the ones we were looking into won't allow anything to be spread or tossed  - no flower petals, birdseeds.  A few even specified no bubbles

• It first starts with the venue.

I would advise to first check with your venue and see if they allow petals to be used whether real or fake. For most real petals the issue is usually that they bruise, turn brown, and can stain including roses etc. The issue with fake petals is that they are non-biodegradable so they most often or not are not allowed because they can't be composted as natural petals can.

If they do allow petals and you want to use petals I'd recommend using bougainvillea petals because they are real, won't bruise, won't turn brown and yes they are biodegradable and come in a range of great colours. If you need some more info please just let me know.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards