Missouri-St Louis

Say Hi Everyone

Since our board is usually pretty dead I was thinking maybe we should all introduce ourselves.

So here goes,

I am a STL native getting married on 10/23/10 and planning a pretty traditional wedding.  Hope to share any info or insights that people may need.

Re: Say Hi Everyone

• edited December 2011
    I am almost done with the planning, we're getting married on March 27, 2010.  I'm originally from central IL and FI is from Omaha.  We're getting married at the Conservatory in St. Charles, and having our reception at Orlando's in Maryland Heights.
    2012 Races
    GO! St. Louis Half Marathon-2:32:13
    Omaha Half Marathon 9.23.12
  • edited December 2011
    I live over the river in Illinois. Our date is 09/11/10.
    Married at last!!
  • mmdpmmmdpm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-st-louis_say-hi-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:87Discussion:fdc2c25d-dfbf-42ba-b62f-66f30268996aPost:34d7e110-3184-4a3d-991d-8a3b8f6365ae">Re: Say Hi Everyone</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am almost done with the planning, we're getting married on March 27, 2010.  I'm originally from central IL and FI is from Omaha.  We're getting married at the Conservatory in St. Charles, and having our reception at Orlando's in Maryland Heights.
    Posted by jgleespen[/QUOTE]

The conservatory is a beautiful place, congrats!
  • edited December 2011
    Hello Ladie!
    We are getting married on 9/5/2010 in lafayette square. We are pretty comtemporary. I  am trying to think of some ideas to show people how in love we are.
  • edited December 2011

Hey ladies,

I am also an StL native and so is FI. Our wedding is 6/12/10 at the Holiday Inn in Eureka. We are planning on a pretty traditional wedding with a few little twists to add some personality to it.

This board definitely needs to liven up! Smile

"I heard Jesus he drank wine, I'd bet we'd get along just fine. He can calm the storm and heal the blind and I bet he'd understand a heart like mine" ~Miranda Lambert
    We ride, never worry 'bout the fall.....I guess thats just the cowbow in us all ~Tim McGraw
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Say Hi Everyone:
    I am almost done with the planning, we're getting married on March 27, 2010.  I'm originally from central IL and FI is from Omaha.  We're getting married at the Conservatory in St. Charles, and having our reception at Orlando's in Maryland Heights.
    Posted by jgleespen

The conservatory is a beautiful place, congrats!

Thanks!  We thought so too!
    2012 Races
    GO! St. Louis Half Marathon-2:32:13
    Omaha Half Marathon 9.23.12
  • edited December 2011
    Hi! I'm from STL, marrying a guy from Chicago. We are getting married on May 29 of this year.  He has been in the marines, but today was his last day and he is finally going to be coming to STL for good!!!  Our reception is at the Moolah Shriner's Ballroom on FeeFee in Creve Couer. 
    BabyFruit Ticker br img src*=http://tinypic.com/r/349f6mg/6 width="180px" br Started TTC 6/2010 BFP 12/23/11! DS born 8/21/12 BFP # 2 3/1/13 EDD 11/12/13
  • edited December 2011
    Hi!

We are getting married Sunday May 29, 2011 at Caroline Vineyards in Washington, MO. I am originally from Peoria, IL and my fiancee is from Cape Girardeau, MO. But we both live and work here and wanted to have a wonderful celebration here in STL! :)
  • kdbisopkdbisop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello,

we are getting married 10/24/10 at UMSL Chapel and reception at DeMenil Mansion.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi My name is Amanda and my FI steve and I are looking at a June 2011 wedding. We are wanting an outdoor winery wedding. Originally we were looking at Carloine Vineyards but now we really just have no idea...I feel like I need to get on the BALL!
  • kateraterkaterater member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! We're also getting married May 29, 2011 (popular day I guess, with Memorial Day weekend!) at Oliva on The Hill. We want it to be on the smaller side (although it's growing every day), intimate and warm. We live in St. Louis but both of our families are from out of town.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-st-louis_say-hi-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:87Discussion:fdc2c25d-dfbf-42ba-b62f-66f30268996aPost:a09602cd-66f1-45a0-aa22-fb2f8f6490a4">Re: Say Hi Everyone</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi My name is Amanda and my FI steve and I are looking at a June 2011 wedding. We are wanting an outdoor winery wedding. Originally we were looking at Carloine Vineyards but now we really just have no idea...I feel like I need to get on the BALL!
    Posted by mandynsteve2011[/QUOTE]

Why did you decide against Caroline Vineyards? Where else are you looking?
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, I am also from STL and my FI is from Festus.  We have been together for over 8 years, have lived together for over 2 years, and finally got engaged at the end of October 2009.  Since we have been together so long, we didn't feel the need for a long engagement.  I never really had any "ideas" about my wedding, so when we first started planning we wanted to do a destination wedding, but my large family over ruled that and we decided to stay local.  We are getting married in a really old, small chapel that a few of my aunts & uncles have been married in & our reception will be at Debonaire Banquet Center (it is fairly new).  We are getting married on May 1st, 2010... about 6 months of engagement is all I could stand!   : )
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-st-louis_say-hi-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:87Discussion:fdc2c25d-dfbf-42ba-b62f-66f30268996aPost:a09602cd-66f1-45a0-aa22-fb2f8f6490a4">Re: Say Hi Everyone</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi My name is Amanda and my FI steve and I are looking at a June 2011 wedding. We are wanting an outdoor winery wedding. Originally we were looking at Carloine Vineyards but now we really just have no idea...I feel like I need to get on the BALL!
    Posted by mandynsteve2011[/QUOTE]

Have you looked into Villa Antonio Winery in Pevely / Hillsboro?  It is just outside of STL and VERY nice.  I really wanted to get married there, but our guest list was just way too big for me to afford it. 
  • edited December 2011
    Hi!  My name is Mary and I'm a St. Louis native who got married Sept. 19 of last year.  I'm currently living in DC with the H (he's a political strategist) and our pup, Grace.  I planned my wedding for 3 years and 9 months, so I have explored like every venue, vendor and idea you can possibly think of.  My entire family has also lived in St. Louis for generations, so I've seen a lot of vendors in action.  Mostly I'm around to help and give advice and recs if I can- One day I'll make a married bio and AW my wedding- unfortunately my new legal career doesn't leave tons of time for that.  

If you ever need me, and can't get me here, you can check Sept. 09 on The Nest.  
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • abossi1017abossi1017 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hello Everyone :) I'm from StL and my FI is from Decatur, IL, so his whole side of the family is traveling for our July 10 wedding.  Our wedding will be at St. John's Catholic Church, and our reception will be at NEO on Locust.  I recently broke my ankle playing kickball in the mud, and had to have surgery, so planning is at a standstill.  I am stressing myself out as I lay around every day thinking about all I still have to do.  Invites and cake are the big things I need to get out of the way right now.  Hopefully I will be able to get up off the couch and walk soon to finish planning so I won't be running around last minute. 

• edited December 2011
    Hi.

I am from the Chicago area but my fiance is an STL native.  We are leaning toward a STL wedding probably in the November 2011 timeframe as most of my friends & family are out of state anyway and my fiances family and friends are mostly in STL or Ohio.  November 2011 seems so far off but I already feel slightly panicked!  With the economy as it is, my fiance is a full time student currently who receives some income for being a Vet and me working full time to pay the bills.  So, on top of funds being limited, I also don't know ANYTHING about or in the STL area! Anyway, appreciate any advice or knowledge anyone provides on here. 
  • jlk0219jlk0219 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi everyone!  I got married 10/10/09 but still poke my head in here every now and then to offer help or advice that's needed.  DH and I were engaged for 3.5 years and DIY'ed a lot of our wedding elements.  Feel free to page me here or on the Oct. 09 Anniversary Board on TN if you think I can be of any help.  Enjoy the planning process- it will be over before you know it!!  
  • edited December 2011
    price seems to be my main issue with many of the places. We also looked at Innsbrook...which was also out of our price range. Now we are looking at Cedar Lake farms or Bear Creek county club as well as a few smaller wineries in Augusta!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi!  We are planning our wedding for July 2011.  My fiance is from Mexico City and I am from the suburbs of St. Louis.  We have just started the planning, but I feel like I have my nuts and bolts in place and am already working on details.  Our ceremony will be at The Jewel Box.  And our reception, seems to be ever changing at this time.  We are having an intimate wedding, of about 35 people.  We are very excited!  I love getting on here to see ideas and share ideas!  I am excited to see that people are trying to make our board more active!
  • nikkicoco22nikkicoco22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey everyone. We are getting married and having reception at Quail ridge lodge on 10-10-10. It is a fall themed wedding with pumpkins and fall colors. We will be having about 160 people at the wedding/ reception.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi everyone! FI and I were both born and rasied here in STL. We are getting married on April 24th, 2010. Ceremony at First Unity Church and Reception at Andre's West. The major stuff is done, just working on the little details and finishing DIY projects.

~Sheri (and Steve)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Hi everyone, both the FI and I live in STL. I'm originally from about an hour southwest, down 44, and he's a native. We're getting married on 9/5/10 at the Highlands in Forest Park.  They have just redone the venue and it's going to be gorgeous. They're even providing the tent and chairs for the outside ceremony in the ceremony fee. Then we move inside for the reception.  There is a fantastic patio now, for the smokers. They've been very accomodating and eager to work with us in our budget which is small compared to average. An excellent location that isn't typical Forest Park.
    Which did you like better? "Jedi" or "The Empire Strikes Back"? "Empire". Blasphemy. "Empire" had the better ending. I mean, Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All "Jedi" had was a bunch of Muppets.
  • ckcurlsckcurls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi- I'm Carly and my FI and I are both STL natives. We're getting hitched on 9/11/2010 at the Renaissance Grand Downtown in the gorgeous Crystal Ballroom. Everything is going to take place there. 
  • edited December 2011
    HI! We are getting marred 10/16/2010 at the Butterfly House, and the reception is at the Community Center in Eureka.  We have been together for 6 years, and we're so excited to be married!  I am doing a lot of things myself (with the help of both of our parents), so I love getting on here and getting ideas from other brides :) Good luck planning everyone!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

Hello! We are getting married on May 21, 2001 at Mount Pleasant Winery in Augusta, MO. We are having a small ceremony and then a HUGE reception at our hometown's Lions Club.  My mother and I are doing almost everything ourselves to save a lot of money. I am having so much fun while doing it though!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-st-louis_say-hi-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:87Discussion:fdc2c25d-dfbf-42ba-b62f-66f30268996aPost:4852c55f-b88a-457e-a293-4fc6b8ffb677">Re: Say Hi Everyone</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello! We are getting married on May 21, 2001 at Mount Pleasant Winery in Augusta, MO. We are having a small ceremony and then a HUGE reception at our hometown's Lions Club.  My mother and I are doing almost everything ourselves to save a lot of money. I am having so much fun while doing it though!!
    Posted by kristineann1[/QUOTE]

I meant May 21, 2011 ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards