Texas-Houston
Options

wedding gifts

can you ask for money instead of gifts

Re: wedding gifts

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would not "ask" for money. But you could let your parents and bridal party know that it is the preferred gift. That way if someone asks one of them what you want, they can respond with something like, "Well steve and sue are currently saving for a car so I know money would be really helpful" or something like that

But downright "asking" for money would be very tacky IMO
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No.

Ditto Nanner.

We were saving for hardwood floors.  So, I told my close friend at work that was what we were saving for.  She, in turn told all of the other work people, and they all gave us moola to go towards our floors. 
  • Options
    sweet__peasweet__pea member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto to previous posters, you NEVER ask for money directly.  Keep in mind, it isn't required your guests even give you a gift.

If yoiu are needing the money towards a house or honeymoon, you can also register for that, as nowadays, you making companies set up registrations.

Hope that helps you!  :)
  • Options
    ib4eplzib4eplz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

someone came up to me one time to see if their couple was registered.  I couldn't find them in the system and decided to read the invitation.  It said at the bottom...."in leiu of gifts, the couple will accept Visa GC, MC GC, AMEX GC, Checks and Cash."  I thought it was weird that they just upfront and said YEP we don't want gifts just money.  so yea..don't ask for money directly.  I have seen people register for a Honeymoon fund which is like money.  good luck!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards