Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Wedding at Spring Mountain Ranch State Park?

We live in Las Vegas and want an off-strip outdoor wedding. We're thinking of holding it at Spring Mountain Ranch State Park near Red Rock Canyon.
The only space they have available for rent is the Group Picnic Area near the outdoor theater.
If you've ever attended or held an event there, I'd love your opinion.
How were the restroom facilities? Parking? Vendors? Did you hold the reception there, or move it to another location?
I'd appreciate any information you can provide. Thanks!

Re: Wedding at Spring Mountain Ranch State Park?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, I don't have much information.

I know it's pretty up there, and that there is some paved parking. But, I recall parking in a dirt area for the Summer Theater. I don't remember whether the toilets were flushable or not... 

Here's a map of the area:

The picnic area is very large, but I don't remember how many tables they had, if any.
    Planning Bio

Dan + Amanda

Wedding Countdown Ticker

To be loved, be lovable
  • Options
    gownmakergownmaker member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, mandapat21.
    We checked out the park twice, and we love the setting. But we couldn't access the group area because the gate is locked and it's surrounded by a barb-wire fence. We're trying to connect with a ranger to let us view it, but they're short-handed this time of year.
    They start accepting reservations on Jan. 2, and the money is due two weeks later. We may have to reserve the space without seeing it.
  • Options
    AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure about Spring Mountain Ranch, but my friends had their wedding at Calico Basin. It was really pretty there. There was plenty of parking. The restrooms there were basically port-a-potty like, but in a little building. I don't know if the restrooms  would be any different there.
    I'm not good at feelings.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was considering it as a location, but never did any research because I decided to have my wedding in my dad's backyard instead... Good luck :D
    Planning Bio

Dan + Amanda

Wedding Countdown Ticker

To be loved, be lovable
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards