Christian Weddings

Yep, I am finally his wife :-) Link to pics

Hey, guys! Y'all had said that you wanted to hear about how my wedding went so here goes. It was awesome! It felt surreal most of the time. 

We did a first look and I'm so glad that we did. It kept us from getting so anxious and nervous. It also seemed like we had a secret just between us. It was private with just us, the photographer, and her assistant and that was really neat. I'm pretty shy so this let me just enjoy him without everyone I knew staring at me. Anyway, they got him set up with his back turned and then walked me up so they could fix my dress. I can't even describe what all I felt seeing him standing there. It was a mix to say the least. After they got me all settled, I reached out and touched his shoulder. He slowly turned and just stared at me. Then he cried like a baby. It was so precious. I told him that he was going to ruin my makeup because I was starting to tear up. lol My goodness, he was so handsome. 

We got all of our pictures together and then got all the pictures with the bridal party. We were outside and the wind kept blowing pretty hard. :-) I had the wind-blown look, I'm sure. 

After pics, we went back in and waited for the ceremony to start and people kept coming in to look at me. I didn't really like that part, but it's ok. I was much calmer than I thought I would be. I was really surprised at myself. I was afraid I would be all over the place and wouldn't remember a thing. I also thought I would be nervous, but every time I asked someone what time it was I just got more excited. I remember when it was 10 minutes 'til and I felt like saying we need to start now. It's close enough. lol

I was really glad when we finally started walking over. I could actually hear a lot of what was going on outside. I didn't think I would be able to hear any of the music that played before I got in there. I had wanted God Bless the Broken Road, but it didn't fit within the Ceremony. So I had our singer do it at the very beginning just before the parents/grandparents came in. I could hear her through the stained glass window that I was standing beside and I teared up again. I thought "Oh, great." lol But I was really happy that I got to hear what was going on inside. 

The ceremony was great. I was so proud of it and we got a lot of complements. I put it together - some things that I found at bible.org and some things myself. We signed a Family Bible for our Unity Ceremony and I'm really glad that we went that route. When it was time for H to say his vows I teared up and then started crying. Not the kind where I was boohooing, but where the tears won't stop and just run everywhere. He started crying, too. We were quite a pair lol. 

The reception was really nice and the food was good. We were really ready to just go lol, but we stuck it out for a while. We didn't have a dancing or anything like that so we just mingled a while and then cut the cakes and such. We did leave a little early, though. We were so ready to be by ourselves. 

We left on a horse-drawn carriage. I'm a horse girl and my granddad has quite a few carriage horses. I've always dreamed of leaving with solid black horses and that's what he had there. He really didn't have to do that, but it was really sweet of him. They were gorgeous. 

Here's a link to the sneak peaks - 

My bridal portraits are on the previous page if you would like to see those. 
Anniversary

Re: Yep, I am finally his wife :-) Link to pics

• congrats! yours pics are gorgeous
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you! Oh, I forgot one of the best parts. 

The day after the wedding my H said that the wedding was "everything that he didn't know he wanted." That made all the planning and literal headaches worth it lol.
    Anniversary
  • Beautiful pics
  • Congrats, girl!! Love the pics!! You looked gorgeous! 
  • Congrats!!  Your pictures are lovely!  Do you have a horse?  The liver chestnut was beautiful.
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Raven, I have two horses, but those aren't my horses. I was blessed to be able to do my pics at that farm. It's beautiful. I have a grey Appaloosa a solid black Quarter Horse.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_yep-i-am-finally-his-wife?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:68ebde04-6022-41d4-bf8e-ce6745723516Post:4cabdd2d-6734-4cad-bf35-0e31f311374e">Re: Yep, I am finally his wife :-) Link to pics</a>:
    [QUOTE]Raven, I have two horses, but those aren't my horses. I was blessed to be able to do my pics at that farm. It's beautiful. I have a grey Appaloosa a solid black Quarter Horse.
    Posted by geieran[/QUOTE]
    <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:8.5pt;line-height:115%;">Awesome!  You should post pictures some time so I can drool.   :)</span>   I’m totally jealous for the solid black.  I adore them so much. </p>
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Lol. Oh my goodness. You've gotten me started. People always say that I'm quiet until you bring up horses. Anyway, I'm happy to show off my girl. :-)

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards